I Had a Lift & Implants 6 Wks Ago. Having Sharp Pain Under Breast Since Wearing Underwire.

I had breast implants & lift 6 wks ago. Having sharp pain under breast after wearing underwire bra. Not getting better as it has been 3 days since pain started. Hurts to the touch & when I reach or hang over to get things.

Sudden pain in breast after implant surgery

+1

There are several possible expalanations fro this but all should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon. This may be due to nerve irritation or compression  or it may be due to Mondor's disease. In most instances no treatment is required.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/

Pain with underwire 6 weeks after breast implants

+1
This is not uncommon so soon out from surgery. Try wearing a bra without an underwire for a week or so. The pain should go away over time.
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Underwire bra may be iritating something after breast augmentation and lift

+1

Hi Cincinnati3765,

Assuming that there was no discomfort before using the underwire bra, your discomfort may be due to the bra irritating something. The wire is hard and sits along the external and internal areas of surgery; it may be irritating your incision, or compressing a nerve around the bottom of the breast. Whatever the cause, it is unlikely to be anything serious, but I advise you to follow up with your surgeon. If it is due to irritation, it does not mean that you will not be able to wear an underwire bra in the future; you may just need some more healing time. Good luck.

Best regards,

Lawrence Tong MD FACS FRCSC 

Pain after under wire bra

+1

If the under wire bra hurts, then you are probably better off removing it. Speak to your surgeon about post-surgical care.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.