Lift with Implants 5 Weeks Ago, When Will Swelling and Pressure Subside? (photo)

anchor lift with silicone implants. When should I expect the swelling and pressure when I lean forward, or begin more activities to subside. The left is still odd shaped and swells more than the right yet feels softer in general. I have seen my PS and he is looking at it. I was told to continue to wear my Compression sports bra, and I am. FYI I know it is early in recovery and that this is not my final result. pleased so far. Thank You for your time

Breasts at 5 weeks after surgery

+1

Is there differential swelling or is there fluid in there, or do you have different size implants. These are just a few questions I would have. An exam and a review of your pre-op photos and the op report might be helpful.  Good luck.

Odd shape after breast lift and implant

+1

I wish I could be as optimistic with your progress, though we would worry a bit more about the symmetry of the implant pocket with your lift. Also after a full month we cannot explain why you have swelling and pressure. Stick close with your surgeon, and if things don't show progress a second opinion might help.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Much better at 4-6 weeks...

+1

The swelling and pressure will be much better at 4-6 weeks and will gradually improve. The final shape may take as long as 4-6 months. Close follow-up with your surgeon is important. The shape on the left will certainly improve. Good Luck!

Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Lifting and Swelling and Pressure?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

You are correct in that it is much too early to evaluate the final results of surgery. You will find the  swelling and pressure symptoms will graduate resolve on a weekly basis.  Continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to assure you that  your progressing as expected after surgery.  Hopefully, the area on the left breast (“odd shaped”)  will gradually improve in contour.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm