Do You Recommend a Lift Or Can I Do With Only Implants? (photo)

Full C want DD - would I need a lift too or would the implant correct the sagging? I also want them closer together, as of now my nipples kind of look AROUND you, hah.

Lift vs Implants or both?

+2

Your first comment is you want to increase to a DD.  This can only be done by adding volume, ie an implant.  If you add additional volume to your breasts they will weigh more and will sag more.  To get your nipples closer together would require a lift so there would be more visible incisions associated with that.  A lift and an augmentation can be done at the same time but you must realize that lifting a heavier breast can result in poorer scarring and re-sagging of the breast.  A consult with a board certified plastic surgeon should be done to get all your options and their trade offs explained in detail.

Lift vs. Implants alone?

+2

First of all, any plastic surgeon who sees you should listen carefully to your goals. You want larger breasts (by a couple of cup sizes), so that requires implants since NO lift adds volume. You want your nipples to be closer, but implants (even if they were placed slightly more lateral) will not move your nipple/areola complexes closer together. Repositioning your nipples slightly more towards the center can be performed as part of a breast lift, but that requires more incisions, more scars, more cost, and depending on your exact measurements with a personal physical examination, may encroach on your tattoos.

So, as you can see, already we have a number of issues to discuss, and potential compromises to make in order to achieve as close to your final goal as possible.

Implants alone never lift breasts, but can give you increased size (check request number 1) and more fullness to the lower pole of your breasts as the implant weight drops into position behind and within your skin brassiere. This can give the appearance of "higher" nipples, but is actually a function of more breast bulk behind and below the level of your nipples (which will not change position unless lifting incisions are performed). If the "appearance" of a lift is sufficient, check request number 2. Nipples closer together cannot be obtained by simply placing implants more laterally in breasts that already have laterally-positioned nipples. That takes incisions and a lift, but that requires scars, cost , and possible tattoo damage.

You need to consult with several ABPS-certified plastic surgeons with lots of experience in breast surgery, and weigh the various options offered and discussed. Implants alone may give you most of what you desire with the least cost and scars. If you decide on a lift plus implants, you need to see plenty of before and after photographs to decide on what pattern or type of lift best fits your goals. You may require more than one operation since some surgeons prefer to do a lift first, and then add implants later. Remember scars are permanent and you cannot go back. A lift can always be "added" later if necessary or desirable.

I believe that careful listening, examination, and planning can help you achieve a great result in keeping with as many of your goals as possible. Best wishes!

Web reference: http://www.mpsmn.com/breast-procedures/breast-augmentation

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants with lift

+1

Great question!  This is one of the most commonly asked questions in my practice. It's very important to realize that implants alone will not lift your breasts. If you want to correct the "sagging", and you want your nipples closer together, then you will need a lift.  And if you want to increase your cup size, then you need implants.  Breast lift and implants can be done at the same time, or at separate operations, depending on your goals. I highly recommend you meet with at least one board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you, listen to you explain your goals in your own words, and help make a plan with you.  I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Lift and Augmentation will be the likely recommendation

+1

During an in person consultation, the surgeon will explore your objectives. To achieve a more perky look, you will need a lift in addition to an augmention, which will provide you the volume increase you seek. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore options consistent with your objectives, lifestyle, and lifestage.  

Implants alone are NOT enough

+1

You will need a lift because your nipples are pointing down and out and are not at the ideal location which is halfway between your shoulder and elbow.  The best approach would be circumareolar.  Through this approach you can have implants placed retro-pectoral, your breast mound moved up on your chest wall and your nipple elevated on the skin level.  The implant, your breast tissue and nipple all have to be aligned in the same horizontal plane.  If you just did implants, then the implants will have to be placed low and would make you look heavier and more droopy.  You would be dissatisifed without a lift.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663319/how-one-surgeon-is-reinventing-the-female-breast-sfw

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

+1

If you want the shape of your breasts perkier and not pointing lower and outward, then you will need a lift at the time of implant placement to correct that.  To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Breast Implants and Breast Lift

+1

Hello Wartooth,

You've been blessed with 28 reponses from the experts; I've never seen so many!

Let me summarize the information you've been given:

1. You'll need implants to give you the size change you are looking for.

2. Implants wont even remotely lift your breasts or significantly change your nipple position, no matter how big the implants are.

3. You'll need a mastopexy to lift your breasts and nipples into a position we are all assuming will make you happy, but a mastopexy performed on large breasts like yours frequently re-droop due to the weight of your natural breast tissue re-expanding your tightened skin.

4. So therefore (this is my addition) a breast reduction and breast implants will get you the results we believe you would like. 

This can all be done in a single procedure, but it is not a simple surgery, and some very qualified plastic surgeons don't due a combined procedure like the one I'm suggesting, preferring to stage it into two surgeries.  Please see qualified surgeons (ABPS certified, ASAPS members) that specialize in complex breast surgeries.

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com/

Only implants or a lift

+1

The shape you are after will only come from a lift moving the nipple up and in. You can get the volume with an implant, but the lift will help too. If uncertain or concerned about scars you can start with the implants and lift at a later time.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Nipple Location Dictates Need For Lift

+1

If your nipples are located below the inframammary fold, you would benefit from a breast lift.  Otherwise, ypu are likely to obtain a result with which you are pleased with implants only.  I cannot be certain from your photos exactly where your nipples are in this relationship.  On the lateral, they appear above the fold, but on the anterior view they seem below.

Lifts for shape- Implants for volume!

+1

Simple rule of thumb;

1- If you want more volume, get an augmentation

2- If you do not like your shape, get a lift.

3- sagging breasts do not lift with implants - they become larger sagging breasts!

For you, it looks that your nipple areolar complex may be below the level of the inframammary fold, this would suggest the need for a lift.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.