Lift & Implant but Still 2 Different Sizes? (photo)

Four weeks ago I had a Lift with Aug because my breasts were very saggy. I had enough of my own breast tissue that the Dr recommended smaller size implants (saline & under the muscle). My breast were already uneven. To try to counter balance them we when with 360 implant in the right breast (smaller breast) & 330 in the larger breast. I LOVE my new breasts! They are beautiful & the scars are amazing....but after the swelling is gone & implants have dropped they are still different in size.

Lift & Implant but Still 2 Different Sizes?

+1

Maybe I'm missing something but to me you look great and very even. Best to discuss your size concerns with the operative surgeon.

Breast lift and implants

+1

I personally think that you have an excellent result based on yoru pre and post-op photos.  Remember all breasts will have some asymmetry and these two look pretty darn good!

Post Operative Asymmetry after Breast Surgery

+1

You look great. I suggest you give yourself more time before making any judgement calls on your results.The rate at which the swelling in your breasts will resolve is not necessarily the same in each breast. In the next 3 months you will most likely continue to see improvement in the swelling and the symmetry of the breasts. Continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon and remember that perfect symmetry is improbable.

Good luck.

Slight breast asymmetry after implants is acceptable.

+1

Hi.

I think you have a great result.  Yes the difference in volume between right and left implants should probably be 50 cc's instead of 30 cc's, but I would certainly leave well enough alone.

Some asymmetry may always be present

+1

Thank you for the photos.  I think you will agree that you have achieved a very nice result.  You must remember that your breasts were asymmetric in both volume as well as the amount of skin before surgery.  It is early and quite a bit of changes may still be seen with additional healing.  If some asymmetry is still present when all is said and done assessing the breasts for symmetry of volume and skin length dimensions will help determine what needs to be done.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/breast-enhancement.cfm

+1

What I see at four weeks is an excellent result. Exact symmetry is nice but not often realistic. At any rate, until at least 3 months have passed it is not clear that there isn't still some swelling or muscle tightness contributing to the size discrepancy. 

If at that time there is a noticeable difference, you and your surgeon can discuss the possible remedies and whether they are worthwhile.

Perfection is the enemy of good. 

Asymmetric breasts

+1

Your surgeon should be commended for a beautiful early result...things are still healing and your breasts will both swell and resolve swelling at different rates...you need to give things several more months  before looking so closely, but remember, your breasts will be like fraternal twins, not identical twins!

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry

+1

You are still early on in your healing process from surgery.  There is swelling that is still present so it is too soon to determine if asymmetry will need to be corrected further.  I encourage you to follow up with your plastic surgeon as he/she recommends so that your progress can be noted.  Final results from this surgery won't be achieved for several months yet.

Katy Plastic Surgeon