Would a Breast Lift Be Ideal in my Situation?

I'm only 20, and wear a 36DD. I love my size, but they are quite saggy already. I'm just wondering if a lift would be a good idea at this point for me. Every female in my family has this problem as well, so I'm assuming this issue can be hereditary.

Breast lift for sagging breasts

+2

Breast lifts are performed for patients that have nipple positions below the bottom breast fold. If the nipple is close to the fold, a "donot" breast lift where the scar is confined around the areola can be very helpful. I usually do not like to add scars to patients  if they have full, pendulous breasts. A picture will really help.

A lift might be indicated.

+1

Many patients in your situation want a lift without any change in their size.  I would have to see photos but from your description it sounds like you would be a good candidate for a vertical scar mastopexy.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast lift, now or later?

+1

You sound like you have the anatomy for a breast lift and probably a partial reduction though photos are needed as is an exam to tell.  The real question is whether you are anywhere near having kids, as if you are, it would be wise to wait.  If that is years off, consider having the surgery now and see several of the very best plastic surgeons in your area for advice.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lift Timing?

+1

Timing of the mastopexy surgery will depend on each patient's life circumstances. In general, it is best to do this procedure ( like all other elective body contouring the stages,  when patients have reached their long-term stable weights.  In doing so, improve the safety of the procedure and minimizes the need for further surgery ( in the event of weight gain/loss after the breast reduction procedure).

If at all possible, it is best to wait until after completing pregnancies before undergoing  mastopexy surgery. Again, doing so will minimize the chances that patients will require further surgery after pregnancy related breast changes. Patients who seek breast augmentation after pregnancy should wait at least 3 to 6 months after they have stopped breast-feeding  him when they have reached their long stable weight.

Patients undergoing this procedure will need to be able to accept scarring as  the trade-off.

Breast lift?

+1

Without photos we are just guessing.  However, if you love your size (hence do not want a reduction or an augmentation) but do not like your sagging, then it sounds like you would like to have your breasts lifted.  However, you must realize that a large, heavy breast will not hold up over time after a lift as well as a smaller breast, so it may be possible that you would benefit more from a mild reduction with a lift.  Again, photos would help us see what your breasts look like.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast lift good for sagging breasts

+1

A lift can help with the sagging but with your size, the sagging is likely to recur.  Even under the best of circumstances, sagging can recur.  You are young and most likely will have children, which will also affect the longevity of the result.  I agree that if you want a long-lasting result you might consider a reduction.  However, this would obviously reduce your size which you like.  I suggest a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area, who can examine you and then make recommendations based on your goals and your particular anatomy, etc.  In situations like yours, I find that the degree of distress caused by the sagging determines whether or not to intervene.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Breast Lift Candidate

+1

Without before pictures or examining you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  While a lift only for larger breasts may look good initially, the retained weight of the breast will continue to stretch with gravity.  My advice would be to have a reduction and lift which would lead to more long-lasting results.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

36DD saggy breasts, lift or reduction?

+1

Photos would've helped to answer your question in a more focused way. In short, if you like the volume than a short scar or lollipop scar lift might work for you. You would need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to explain the best choice for you. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or reduction

+1

A breast lift will help the sagginess of your breast and restore the shape.  If your breasts are heavy, then gravity will work on them and they will droop again and so, sometimes, for a larger breast, it is an good idea to have a small reduction to take some of the weight out of the breast.  The scarring is the same, but obviously it will make you a smaller cup size, which may not be something that you would like.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1

A picture would be key to evaluate your breasts, and you may very well be a good candidate for a lift, but you might want to have a small reduction if you really are a DD.