Should I Have a Lift Even Though PS Doesn't Recommend? (photo)

I am 32, 5' 125lbs ,34C/D depending on bra. No children. Want implants to round me up to a DD. I prefer a more natural hang without too much upper pole fullness, but some. Consulted 3 surgeons. They all measured from notch to nipple and assured me no lift required, but probably down the road. My issue is most "before" I see similar to mine all required a lift? If they had my same hang only larger I'd be fine. My worry is possible snoopy boobs or double bubble. I have no problems with lift scars

You need a lift

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.

I don't believe you will be happy with your results should you decide against a lift. Adding an implant (either over the muscle or under it) will not work. The weight of the implant will eventually make your problem worse and more difficult to correct. You have plenty of breast tissue to fill a DD cup. The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift reshapes and repositions your own tissue to increase projection without implantation.  The Mini UBL utilizes the same strapping technique used in the full UBL to secure your breasts high increasing longevity of the lift. Minimal scarring with natural results without the need of implants are the trademarks of the Mini UBL technique.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants is Needed

+2

It is hard to envision a good result with your breast shape without a lift. You have exactly the breast shape that is a 'fooler', one thinks they will get away without a lift when using implants but actually have no chance to do so. Your recognition that a breast lift is needed is an astute one.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast lift

+2

You have some glandular ptosis and may benefit from a lift, but I would have to see you in person so that I can properly evaluate you.

To lift or not to lift ?

+2

Thanks for the photos. If you do not mind the rather long breast fold you have now getting a bit longer (implants will cause this to happen) and also do not mind having a larger, heavier breast (another effect from implants...then implants alone may be an option.

If you want your breast shorter, a more uplifted nipple position, and more fullness up top, then a lift is probably a better option.

Let me agree with what Dr Pousti says, and say it in a different way "there's no such thing as big and perky for long." 

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Breast lift vs no breast lift

+2

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent pictures.  If you were my patient I would reccomend a lift.  Since you do not have an aversion to the scars, I reccomend you convey this to the surgeons who you have seen or seek another consultation. Good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Breast implant vs. breast lift

+2

Your breasts do appear to have some droopiness that would benefit from a breast lift.

You appear to have good breast volume so perhaps it is not necessary to have an implant at all, just a nice lift.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Breast Lift Beneficial?

+2

Thank you for the insightful questions and pictures. I share your concerns about undergoing breast augmentation surgery only. Personally, I do not think that you will have a nice result  doing so.

Hypothetically, if you were to undergo breast augmentation surgery only,  I think that 2 types of “results” would be predictable:
1. You will end up with “big and low” breasts and unhappy with the aesthetic outcome etc.
2. You will end up with the breast implants sitting high on your chest wall with the breast tissue lower down,  again creating an aesthetically unpleasant outcome. You will find that you will continue to have breast skin sitting on top of upper abdominal wall skin, unless you lift the breasts.

For some patients the necessity of additional scars  associated with breast lifting surgery is a “dealbreaker” ; for these patients it is better to avoid breast surgery altogether.

On the other hand, many patients (If properly selected and who are doing the operations at the right time of their lives  psychosocially) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do in the field of plastic surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast lift

+1

If you put in implants over the muscle, you will get enlargement of your breasts however the actual position of your breasts will continue to drift down.  It will not be a snoopy breast or a double bubble but rather with time, a "rock in a sock" appearance may be your final outcome.  You may be one of those patients in my practice that lie on the borderline of requiring a breast lift and that visit in my practice is a pretty long discussion of your options.  Sit down with a board certified plastic surgeon with good experience with these issues and talk things over.  Best Wishes!

Stefan Mark Szczerba, MD

Minimal scar breast lift with implants is what you need.

+1

Hi.

I don't understand.  Going by your pictures, I think you will not get a good result without a  breast lift.  This is the opposite of what usually happens.  Usually, the surgeon recommends a lift and the patient is afraid of the scars!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Should I Have a Lift Even Though PS Doesn't Recommend?

+1

Dear Jclover,

Thank you for your question/photos.  I highly recommend doing a lift.  You have a lot of breast tissue already well below the breast crease.  It appears that your nipple is also well below the breast crease.  No you can put the implant in a pocket above the muscle and low, where your breast tissue is already or you can put an implant were it is meant to go, above the breast crease.  If you put the implant low, you will get a short term nicer result with larger breasts in the same position.  however, only your skin is holding the implant up and this will stretch shortly and cause a lot of drooping.  If you put the implant above the crease, in its proper position, the rest of your breast will hang over the implant and you will have a so called 'snoopy' deformity.  Therefore putting the implant in the proper place and lifting the rest of the breast onto the implant is the way to go.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon