Can You Lift Cheeks Vertically and Attach Them to Lower Lids?

I am 25 and have lost elasticity and fat in my cheeks. When I lift my cheeks up with my fingers to my lower eyeslids, I find I look like myself before any fat atrophy had happened (2 years ago due to radio frequency facial). Are there any types of procedures that can attain this look without attaching skin to the side of the head? Or can a fat transfer suffice in lifting my cheeks to my eyes?

Lifting cheeks vertically and attaching them to lower lids, not recommended

+2

It is best not to lift cheek vertically since they will make the eyes look smaller.  You cannot attach them to the lower lids because the weight of the cheeks will pull the lower lids down and you will have a very sad hound dog appearance.  Fillers can be injected into the cheeks for temporary results or if larger and long-term augmentation is needed, then a small cheek implant can be surgically placed.

Cheek/midface aging

+2

The cheek/midface ages but deflating and falling.  Midface/cheek lift can raise your midface/cheek but another less invasive option is filler or fat injection into midface/cheeksm which essentially lifts the cheeks too, just like putting air into a balloon.  The treatment choice depends on your specific eyelid/midface anatomy and expectations.  Consult an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Lifting cheeks to eyes

+1

It is not easy to give you an educated answer without all the facts. That is important. If it is just a volume issue then fat grafting can be done and there is no scars or incisions. You could also consider a cheek implant, but a physical exam is best to decide. My best advice is to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon who will truly access your issues and give you an honest opinion vs the opinion you want to hear.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Cheek Lift Through the Lower Eyelid Incision

+1

Lifting the cheeks through the lower blepharoplasty incision was a good idea with an unavoidable flaw. It is extremely challenging, even for experienced Plastic Surgeons, to find a way to anchor the elevated cheek without distorting the lower eyelid. This is such a difficult problem that even the surgeons who described the operation had a significant complication rate with regard to the longevity of the lift and problems with the shape of the lower lid. At the young age of 25, regardless of the history, it is best to consider fillers. The most longlasting and  natural "filler" is ones own fat.

Paul S. Howard, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Lift Can be Performed through Lower Lid

+1

The answer is YES. Using a lower lid, blepharoplasty approach, the cheek fat ("SOOF") can be advanced and attached to the fibrous tissue on the lower orbit bone (called periosteum). This tends to improve the cheek fullness and the hollowing that occurs in many lower lids. This procedure is called a cheek lift or midface lift.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS