Can Breasts be Lifted Using Own Body Fat?

I Want to Lift my Breasts by Using my Own Body Fat. I'm 5'4 and 150 Lbs  but Im not sure where to start

Breast Enhancement Using Your Own Body Fat

+1

While breasts cannot be lifted by transferring your own body fat, they can certainly be augmented (made larger).  In many cases fat transfer alone can produce cosmetically desirable results. However, depending on the size and shape of your breast a breast lift (removing excess skin and re-positioning the areola) may also be required to achieve your preferred results. In our San Francisco Bay Area practice we have a high patient satisfaction rate with fat transfer.  In addition to transferring fat to the breasts we frequently transfer fat to the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift) and to the face to replace volume loss as an alternative to temporary fillers.

Breast lift with autogolus fat transfer

+1

bbortolotti,

Breast lift is a procedure to restore your nipple to a more youthful position on your chest wall. Depending on the amount of volume that has been lost  and streeching of the skin over the years, there are various techniques that can accomplish this goal. If your current status provides a good skin envelope and appropriate nipple position you can correct this droopy nipple with an increase in volume. The most commonly used method is breast implants; silicone or saline. Fat transfer might also be used, assuming an adquate donor site for the fatty tissue. There have been some interesting results published in the Plastic Surgery literature in this regards. The ultmate decision should be made with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in fat transfer. I hope this information is useful to you. Jon Sattler, MD , Boeard Certified Plastic Surgeon, Glendora, Ca.

Jon Sattler, MD
Glendora Plastic Surgeon

Using body fat to enhance breasts

+1

Fat transfer is the new trend for transferring volume from one area of the body to the other.  Popular areas include the face, the buttocks and recently the breasts.  However, fat transfer is not magic.  It is just another way to add volume.  So, the volume addition may have a very slight lifting effect.  However, if you have loose skin for ptotic (loose) breasts then you will more than likely require a mastopexy to achieve a nice result.  If you post pictures, we may be able to give you more specific advice.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast lift by using one's own body fat?

+1

If you have loose breast skin, droopy or sagging breasts, deflated breast skin from weight loss or breast feeding, you PROBABLY need surgical skin tightening to achieve a more youthful or "perky" look. This procedure (mastopexy) requires skin incisions to shape and reconfigure the breasts in virtually all cases where the nipples are below the inframammary crease line, or where they point down rather than forward.

In some mild cases, where the nipple/areola complexes face forward and are at or somewhat above the inframammary crease level, adding volume to the skin brassiere can provide the appearance of "lift" by adding bulk behind and below the lower pole of the breasts. Implants are the usual way plastic surgeons accomplish this, but fat grafting is an interesting consideration that has been widely promoted by a relatively small number of plastic surgeons or "cosmetic surgeons." The latest buzz or hype is to promote "stem cell grafting" by implying that "special" separation or concentration techniques can give superior fat for grafting than the "standard" grafts. I believe this is mostly baloney!

Fat grafting can provide modest amounts of volume to breasts, if properly performed, but most plastic surgeons are properly wary of injecting fat into tissues when they know some of the transferred fat may not survive, causing scars, lumps, or calcium deposits that can interfere with the mammographic detection of breast cancer. Getting enough fat to survive to adequately fill the breasts (evenly and smoothly) to give the appearance of lifting may not be realistically possible in most cases. If it is possible, I would expect multiple fat grafting sessions being necessary, at prohibitively high costs.

Ultimately, you could end up spending wads of cash to get scars, lumps, and calcium deposits in your breasts, and still end up needing the surgical mastopexy (and scars) you probably should consider in the first place. Read between the lines in the answers from my colleagues. I'm just telling it like it is!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Using your own fat for a breast lift

+1
Breast lift cannot be achieved by adding volume alone. Adding fat via fat transfer only adds volume. However, fat re-arrangement in vertical breast lift can create very impressive results. Results which we have seen in our patients create great shape and volume to lifted breasts, almost as if they were augmented. Sincerely, Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

+1

Your body fat can be used to replenish lost breast volume.It will not help in significantly lifting your breasts.

Erel Laufer, MD

Fat Grafting Is Not A Substitute For A Breast Lift

+1

Despite the desire to lift breasts by any method other than that which creates a scar, it simply is not possible. Fat grafting like breast implants is all about making the breast bigger...but that will not change the position of the nipple which is the barometer by which the sagging breasts are defined. All fat grafting will do is take what you have and make the existing shape of your breasts bigger. Real breast lifts require real scars.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Breast Lifting With Fat

+1
The purpose of fat grafts to the breasts is to increase volume. Adding volume will not necessarily lift the breasts but fill the skin envelope and increase the size. If you have true ptosis the nipple and areola are situated low on the breast mound and there is excess loose skin. A lift will centralize the nipple over the breast mound and remove the excess skin. This cannot be achieved with fat grafts alone.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Fatty Breast Lift

+1

Hello bbortolotti,

Transfer of your own fat to your breasts, like breast augmentation using traditional implants, will increase the size of your breasts, but not lift the breasts in any reliable fashion.  Unfortunately, if your breasts are already heavy, hang below the crease, or your nipples are positioned low on the breast mound, fat transfer or breast implants alone are unlikely to give you a result that will make you happy with.  In this situation, a true mastopexy or breast lift should be performed, possibly in conjunction with breast augmentation.

Fat transfer is still in it's infancy when it comes to our understanding the science behind it, and many people are looking at the best way to transfer fat to the breasts, buttocks, hands and face, and whether special cells called 'stem cells' are important to improving the technology.

You should consult with surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who specialize in breast surgery.

Best of Luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Braest lifting and fat grafting

+1

Fat grafting to fill up the volume or breast implants, will not lift  the breasts. They will just fill up the sack.  If a lift is needed a more formal excision of skin and modeling of the breasts are probably necessary.