Will I Need a Lift with Augmentation? (photo)

The joy of being a mother also brought unhappiness with my body. After doing so much for my family... I have finally decided to do something for myself and that would be getting a breast augmentation. My question is will I need a breast lift with my augmentation?

+2

Yes you will need some lifting operation with the implants because you have asymmetry of the breasts and N/A complexes.//

LIFT WITH AUGMENTATION??

+2

THE    pictures    are not too good   but  still   looks  like  that   only    with   a  breast  augmentation  will  be   enough ,   by the   way   after  personal  evaluation  is the   last   desicion   because    the   distancia  of  the  nipple   to   your   neck    is  what  is  going  to determine is   is necessary or not ,  as  far   as    i can see   without  measure   looks  not  necessary  , if   necessary maybe  a  mini  lift (donut insicion , , wich is  a lift  arounf  the  areola     only  described    for    very  small  ptosis ,  betwen    1   -   2  cm    lower   from  the  expected  distance   wich is    between   18  and   20 cm .

Cynthia Disla, MD

Will I Need a Lift with Augmentation?

+2

As you can imagine, given the limited views of photographs, and without the benefit of in person consultation is difficult to give you precise/specific advice. You may wish to post pictures again, with your arms by your side, for better evaluation.

My impression however based on your photographs is that should do well with breast augmentation surgery alone, without the need for breast lifting. Again, “official” advice would necessitate an in-person examination and a full communication of your goals.

My best general advice for patients seeking to undergo breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Augmentation alone or with lift?

+1

You may be a candidate for breast augmentation surgery without a lift to achieve fuller more attractive breasts. A formal consultation will provide you with more details

George John Alexander, MD, FACS

Pseudoptosis is fixed with breast augmentation only.

+1

The nipple and areola appear to be at the proper location. The length from the areola to decrease appears no longer than 3 inches. This is called pseudoptosis and will be corrected nicely by breast augmentation.

Lift or not to lift

+1

I would rely on preoperative breast measurements to answer this question. When meeting with your plastic surgeon, he or she should measure particular landmarks on your body. There are typical measurements that can provide a range by which a lift may or may not be necessary or required. Your plastic surgeon can explain this to you.

Timothy Fee, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Lifts are never mandatory with augmentations

+1

and it really depends on what you want and are willing to settle for.  If you would be fine with larger and natural looking breasts, it appears you can get by without a lift.  But if you want upper pole fullness, the fake look, and perky nipples, then a lift may be needed.  Talk to your chosen PS and let him/her know of your expectations and see what he/she says in response.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift or No Lift

+1

Thanks for your photo.  Without your measurements and a direct physical exam it difficult to say with certainty.  Just based on your photo I would say that a lift is not required.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

The need for a lift with your breast augmentation will depend on what volume you would like to add.

+1

The first step in assessing you would be to get an idea of what volume you would like to add to your breasts. I do this in the office by placing different sized implants in a bra so that you can tell how it would feel to have that volume added to your breasts. There are photographic techniques that can be used, but I think that this method is more realistic and gives you a tactile sense of the volume that will be added.

The plastic surgeon should have the experience necessary to judge whether a lift will be needed or not based on the laxity of your skin and the volume that you have chosen. This is not something that can be done based on a photograph on a website. It is an in person assessment and I would recommend that you find a plastic surgeon who is experienced in this area to help you.
Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Anatomical implants

+1

Based on the photograph I would say no you do not need a lift. I would suggest you discuss the use of anatomical implants with your surgeon as this may reduce the likelihood of requiring a lift 

Vijith Vijayasekaran, MBBS, FRACS
Australia Plastic Surgeon