Do I Need a Lift with Augmentation? (photo)

I would like to have a smaller nipple with more volume. What is the proper procedure for me?

Lift with volume

+3

I think that you have pretty and full breasts. You want to go bigger and like the effect of lifting your arms. You have some loss of volume in the upper pole. I realize that you have pretty large areola but they fit your breasts in some ways. You see, I hate to put scars on women's breasts that have pretty nice shape to them. Are they uncomfortable? You will trade a scar around your nipple for smaller areola. You appear to be young from your skin and have curvy body. There is a device that lifts your breasts much like they look when you lift your arms. It requires placing two small incisions above the breast and large sutures are placed that lift the breast like a crane. While this is new, there are good results several years out now. As far as enlargement, you could consider an implant which is chosen at consultation or consider fat transfer to your breast. I do mastopexy procedures but I would like you to consider the tradeoff of scars on your breasts

Augment with Lift

+2

You are a great candidate for placement of a small to moderate volume implant to add volume and upper pole fullness.  It would be combined with a vertical (lollipop) lift at the same time to elevate and reduce the size of the areola.  Make sure you pick a surgeon with extensive experience in cosmetic breast surgery.  Look at lots of pictures to make sure you are happy with his work.  This is as much art as science.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Augmentation?

+2

Judging from your photos it would appear as if you would benefit from a mastopexy (lift) with augmentation. The implant will give you the fullness in the upper pole of the breast while the mastopexy will lift the breast tissue (implant will also help lift breast tissue some) and reduce the diameter of your areolas, but not the size of your nipples.

When you are ready I would suggest to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. I hope this helps. Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD

Lift or Lift with Implants

+1

If you desire more volume, you will need a lift with implants.    The areolas can be reduced by a donut incision around the areola.  

Paul S. Gill, MD

Mastopexy/Augmentation

+1

I think you would love having a lift combined with augmentation!  A lift will make your areola (the dark part around your nipple) smaller and move it up to be at the same level as the breast crease.  You do have to trade the shape of the breast for scars on your breast - but these scar usually heal extremely well.  The  augmentation will make your breasts bigger, of course, but the best part will be the fullness and round-ness on top.  I think it is a great choice for you!  Good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation and Lift?

+1

It is difficult to say from your photos. It really depends on the look you want. If you want more natural hanging breasts and do not mind a little bit of droop then you probably can have an augmentation alone. You could also combine that with areolar reduction to satisfy that part of your desires. If you want breasts that are higher and tighter on the chest wall then a lift may be in order and the beauty of that procedure is that you will automatically have the areolar portion of the breast reduced in size as part of that procedure. The drawback, is that you will have more scars with a lift. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination to get your best answer. Good luck!

Richard J. Brown, MD

More volume then an implant

+1

If you want more volume then you will need an implant.  To get a better idea if you need a lift, an exam would be necessary.

Do I Need a Lift with Augmentation?

+1

I think you would benefit from a lift with an implant.  This should give you a good result.  Please see a board certified Plastic Surgeon for your consultation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Lift augmentation

+1

Hello. Judging by your pictures and your interest in reducing the size of your nipples you should get a lift. I would recommend the lollipop approach. You can get this done at the same time as a breast augmentation depending on the size you want. I would recommend a smaller implant with your lift to fill out the upper poles. For more information, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Lift

+1

It is difficult based on the pictures alone, but all you may need is a lift.  Seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are techniques that allow for repositioning of some of the glandular tissue during the lift that may obviate the need for an implant.

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon