Do I Need a Lift or Augmentation? (photo)

I'm 26 years old, weigh around 155, 5'4" tall. (Measurements: 38-29-42) I've breastfeed two babies and lost alot of weight around 30 lbs thus far. I'm wondering if I should do a lift or augmentation or a combination of both? I have to wear a push up bra to make my breasts look presentable. I'm only 26 and feel like I have the breasts of a woman much much older. I'd love NOT to have the scars from a lift but I'm afraid of how an implant would feel. Recommendations please?

Do I need a lift or augmentation?

+1
Thank you for your question! It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance. Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts. Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. The implant itself will add these things - given your desires and happiness with your breast size, a breast lift alone is a reasonable decision.

The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns.  If you are currently content with your size, a lift by itself would be reasonable - otherwise, consider adding an implant.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you. Thank you for your question! Hope that this helps. Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Breast lift versus implant

+1

Based on your photos you would require a full mastopexy( lift)...implants would only accentuate your drooping ptotic breasts.  With a rearrangement of your breast tissue, you can achieve greater symmetry and perky position of your breasts. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon near you. Best of luck!

Terrence Higgins, MD

Lift for sure, implant maybe

+1

Thanks for your pic and ? Your case is tricky but I think you will benefit most from a lift and small implant if your desire is to be slightly larger and have more fullness at the top. Because of the asymmetry regarding the volume of each breast and the nipple position preoperatively it will be hard to completely correct. I don't agree with using saline implants. Silicone looks much more natural. Sizers can be used intraoperatively to help judge the appropriate size. You will need different size implants. Finally, you will have to accept the scars that come with a lift, but in the end it will give you the best overall result. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Lift or augmentation

+1

you   really a   breast    lift ,    to   change  the   position    of   your  nipple and   to  reshape the tissue  of  your  breast ,    the augmentation    would    be  great   but  this  will  depend if  you  are  looking  for  fullness   of  the  breaast ( bigger  breast  ) if  you   want the  fullness      in upper    poles   of  breast    the   best     way   is  to have  the  combination   of  both  procedures 

Cynthia Disla, MD

Breast lift only or with augmentation?

+1

Andrea,

Thank you for your question and photo.

You have plenty of breast tissue to achieve upper pole fullness with the Ultimate Breast Lift technique. The UBL technique reshapes, lifts and anchors your breasts to achieve natural and youthful results that are long term. Implants do not lift breasts. In your case, implants will only make matters worse by stretching your tissues even more and eventually making a lift more difficult. What makes the UBL technique unique, is that a vertical scar is never needed despite size or degree of ptosis. Incisions are hidden around the areola and in the inframammary fold.

Hope this helps.

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift or implant alone

+1

You require a lift to reposition the breast mound in the appropriate position on your chest wall.  An implant can then add volume, and upper pole fullness

David A. Lickstein, MD

A breast lift is needed in severe ptosis

+1

and your photos suggests advanced ptosis for someone of your age.  Depending on your desires, you could have a lift alone, a lift with implants, a reduction with implants, or a rubin mastopexy.  You WILL have the scars from a breast lift and can only hope they will heal well and be inconspicuous over the years.  Please find a board certified plastic surgeon in your community to discuss your concerns and desires with in more detail.  Good luck at achieving your goals!

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift and Augmentation- NO DOUBT

+1

It is fairly straight forward.  You will need a lift and augmentation.  I would recommend saline implants to allow for adjustments and differential size.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Do I Need a #BreastLift or #Augmentation? (photo) ANS:

+1

No doubt, you need a lift!!! The question is whether you want it with an implant or not and my advice would be to use an implant. It will give you more fullness in the upper part of your breast and give you better roundness as well...But lift for sure..You cannot do an implant alone...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift or Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

You are not a candidate for breast augmentation alone. Breast lifting will be necessary to achieve aesthetically pleasant result.  Breast implants will be helpful if you are trying to increase the size of the breasts and/or achieve more volume ( for example superior pole volume).  A full communication of your goals ( I prefer the use of goal pictures) will be necessary to give you precise advice.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars (as you know). 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.