Can a Lift with Augmentation Be Used to Even out Moderate Sag with Slight Size Variation Without Adding Too Much Size?

I have moderate sag on my right larger breast and minimum to moderate sag on my left slightly smaller breast. I want to keep the size of the right side. I am currently a 34C/32D and do not want to be larger.

Breast Asymmetry Correction?

+1

Yes, a combination of breast  augmentation/breast lifting  may be very helpful to improve symmetry of the breast. A variety of different options in regards to breast lifting are available depending on the amount of ptosis (“sag”) that is present on each side.

It will be important to work with very well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. Keep in mind that absolute symmetry will not be achieved.

For patients planning on breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful  and more precise than discussing cup size.

Correction of sagging with mild asymmetry

+1
Correction of the situation you describe can be done in several ways. By mastopexy alone, slightly reducing the larger breast, mastopexy with a small augmentation, etc. Depending on the circumstances, you may be offered a choice among all these options, not to mention different techniques for the mastopexy. This will be a situation requiring lots of homework and decision making on your part. See several board certified plastic surgeons who will spend enough time with you to explain their recommendations in detail.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

SEE VIDEO BELOW: Options for liftng uneven sized and shaped (asymmetric breasts) without implants or augmentation

+1

Your options are to perform a lift with slight reduction of the right using liposuction or excision and/or to enlarge the left with a very small implant or fat grafting. In anay event you will be at a gigher risk of needing a revision to achieve an optimal result. 

Breast symmetry

+1

From your description you would benefit from a combination augmentation and lift.

Generally speaking as the breast ages fullness of the upper breast decreases and the volume is more prominent in the lower half of the breast. A modest implant can restore the upper pole volume while the lift will place the nipple back into a more youthful position. This can be done with minimal change in bra size. I consider this operation to be about shape change or volume rearrangment  more so than primary enhancement.

A formal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you understand all your options and photos can demonstrate the results you should expect.

good luck

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Lift and augmentation

+1

Their are so many variations to the theme that you described. It all depends upon how much sag and how large of an implant you want.  A simple circumareola lift can make a world of differences in many patients. But they have to be the right candidate.

Breast Lift and Augmentation for Asymmetry

+1

There are many ways to fix asymmetry.  In what you have pointed out, yes a lift and implant can be placed to  even you out and not add too much volume.  If we had some photos it would be easier to  say what kind of lift you need.  WIthout photos and no measure impossible to say if you need a lift around the areola or a vertical or a full lift.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast lift with breast implant will correct asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

It sounds like you need a lift of both breasts (more on the right, circular scars around your nipples) with a small breast implant in your left breast only.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)