Looking to Lift and Increase my Breast Size?

after having my children my breast size went from a 36c to a 38D w/nursing. between losing weight and changing to formula my beautiful breasts disapeared. I barely fit a 34B bra. bc i'm the mother of 2 children I need something that doesn't keep me off my feet for long. Pls any ideas about the fat tranfer vs. regular implants and recovery time are welcome. thank you

Best technique is Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift

+2

The goal of breast surgery is to produce beautiful breasts.  Beauty is determined by many factors including size, shape, position of the breast on the chest wall, symmetry, position of areola and skin tone.  In cases such as yours, I recommedn a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place an implant, lift your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness and increasing your cleavage.  No vertical scars are required such as lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions.  At size 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change. I would recommend a small implant, approximately 200 cc.  I prefer silicone gel implants because they look and feel more natural, particularly when placed retro-pectoral.  Recovery should be quick but for 1 month you will not be able to lift your arms above your head and will be required to wear an underwire bra.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lifting with breast augmentation?

+2

Without actually examining you and being able to discuss plausible options, it is impossible to come up with a concrete solution that best fits your needs. There are some basic concepts that you should understand before proceeding with your surgery.  Generally, a mastopexy or breast lift is an operation to lift and place a breast in a more youthful location, while breast augmentation is for increasing the breast size. If your breast is sagging too much ( grade 2 or more ), you probably should have a lift. This does not mean that you can't have the augmentation as well.  These operations can be performed at the same time, but there are some times when it will make more sense to have them performed at separate operations.  These issues should be discussed with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon. 

Michael A. Epstein, MD

Look at the before/after photos to choos your doctor

+2

Without examining you or seeing photos and discussing the options available to you it is difficult to advise what you should do.  However, I try to stay away from doing lifts unless the patient has significant amount of sagging.  I also, show before/after photos of similar cases (front/quarter turn/ and profile views) for the patient to view so she can have an idea of what her results would be if she had breast augmentation alone or with the different types of lifts available.

Andre Aboolian, MD

+2

It's impossible to advise without photos.

I try to avoid breast lifts when possible as they add much complexity and expense.

Many patients are pleased with implants alone and are happy to do the lift with a nice bra.

In more severe cases I recommend a vertical or 'lollipop' lift with cohesive gel implants.

Make sure to find an experienced aesthetic breast surgeon.

Good luck!

Eric Pugash, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants after nursing options

+2

Dear Ms. Turner.  Photos would be very helpful.  If your nipple is pointing horizontally and above the fold where your breast meets your ribs (inframammary fold), then there is a good chance you may just want implants without a lift.  I would not recommend fat grafting for the reasons stated below.  Also, there is debate in the scientific community as to whether or not fat grafts into the breasts may increase a woman's chance of breast cancer.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

Without an exam it’s hard to be as accurate as possible. It sounds like you would need a modest implant with a lift. Depending on the severity of your sag is the kind of lift you would require. You should see a PS to get all your options. Fat transfers are not a good idea, there is a high chance that the fat won’t survive and you will have hard lumpy breast. I would do some serious research on that before moving forward.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast Restoration after having children and breast feeding

+1

Breast appearance after having children and breast feeding is most often performed using silicone gel or saline implants.  Recently however, more plastic surgeons are beginning to offer the transfer of your own fat from your abdomen to fill the breast tissue.  Recovery on average is about one week although each individual is different and some women need more or less time.   Using your own fat may require a longer recovery since you will have an additional surgical site...your abdomen... where the fat was removed by liposuction that also need to heal.   

Many women may also need a breast lift to achieve optimal results.  In order to determine what is best for you, you should make an appointment and see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a breast exam and recommendations.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Increase my Breast Size

+1

Although you would think that injections of fat into the breasts would be less uncomfortable than inserting implants, you must also consider the discomfort at the fat donor sites, so I would consider it a wash. 

In addition, the unpredictability of the percentage of take, and therefore the chance of needing more fat injections at another procedure must be considered. (---Not that secondary procedures are not needed after implants.)

Without seeing photos I don't know if a breast lift might be recommended, further complicating the decision progress. 

The best opinion you will get will be from a surgeon at an in-person consultation. 

Thank you for your question, best wishes. 

Breast lift and implants

+1

Fat inejction to the breasts is not very reliable at this point, and it can not lift the breasts.   A breast lift surgical procedure will lift the breasts. Implants will ensure accurate volume enhancement.