I Had a Lift and Implants Put in to Be a Full D, Im Now a KK. What Can I Do To Reduce The Size?

I had implants and lift 5 years ago, i wanted to be a full d over the past few years I cant buy a normal bra at a store. I went for a bra fitting and I was sized now at a 34 KK. Are my breast going to stop growning, what can i do to reduce them will another lift make them smaller? Can i leave the same implant in place if i do another lift. Help

I had implants and now I am too big

+3

I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  While bra fittings at department stores and Victoria’s secret are notoriously incorrect it sounds like you could use a smaller breast implant or possibly remove the implant altogether and just have another breast lift to reshape the breast tissue you already have.  Thanks, Dr. Kerr

Implants too large

+1
If you have not gained weight, then the etiology of your breast volume increase over the past five years, should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. You can have the implants removed with or without placement of smaller implants and secondary mastopexies. If the breast tissue has really increased, you may need breast tissue removed(breast reduction) as well.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Too big after implants

+1

As you can see from the answers from my colleagues, there are a lot of questions that need to be answered in order to determine what to recommend for you. This is more than can be done on line and you will need a personal consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. If  you can, it might be to your benefit to seek a consultation with more than one surgeon as there may be more than one way to handle your concerns. You should feel comfortable with the surgeon you choose and be able to talk frankly about your concerns. Good luck to you.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

How to reduce breast size?

+1

It will depend on the amount of breast tissue you have.  If your breasts have grown over the past 5 years, you can either exchange your implants to smaller ones or remove the implants and have breast lift.  It will depend on how much breast tissue you current have and what your desired breast size is.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

If you breasts have grown since your lift and implants, it sounds like you may hve put on weight. Remember the breasts will get larger with weight gain as the breast is also made up of fat.  I fyou want to downsize the breast implants, it shoudl be possible.

Breast Augmentation/Lifting and Achieving Results?

+1

It is unclear to me based on your question whether your breasts are “too big” because of breast implants that are too large or  too much breast tissue present.  If it is the latter, then a medical workup may be necessary to evaluate potential causes of  abnormal increasing breast size.  If the issue is breast hypertrophy,  then breast reduction surgery is indicated.  Your implants can be kept in place;  these may be helpful for concern such as “superior pole fullness”.

On the other hand, if the issue is that your breast implants are too large,  they can be downsized.  You may find that breast lifting/reduction will also be necessary to achieve your goals.

It will be important for you to communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon carefully. I prefer the use of “goal pictures” given that terms such as “D cup”  or “natural” are not helpful.

From a D to a KK

+1

It's hard to understand the spread in bra size without more information: How old were you when you had your implants? What size implants? Bra size before surgery? Have you gained any weight since your surgery? Are you sure your not pregnant?

Ronald Schuster, MD

Possible solution to Overly enlarged Breasts

+1

Your condition underlines just how inaccurate are augmented breast cup size estimates. Since normal breasts do not grow in size without a reason I can only assume you had an overly enthusiastic breast implant placement. After having a mammogram or MRI to rule out the possibility of an underlying breast disorder as an explanation of your breast growth. If normal, we can only assume an overly large set of breast implants as the cause. At this point you will need to consider exchanging the larger implants for smaller ones along with a breast lift to be done at that time or, if needed, later on.

You should consult your Plastic surgeon.