Do I Need a Lift and an Implant? (photo)

I sent pics of before breastfeeding, while breastfeeding, and after breast feeding. Do I have to have a breast-lift? I don't like the verticle scar. I have heard from friends my age that I want an implant that I can add size to with a port later if I want more size/ How much will it cost? Are there Payment Plans?

Lift essential, implant optional

+3

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.  If you are satisfied with the current size of your breasts then implants are not necessary.  However, if you did want implants, they could be placed through the same incision.  I always recommend small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants alone or lift with implants.

+3

Based on your current photo, I would most likely recommend a breast lift and implants.  The mastopexy (breast lift) options may include either a periareolar or vertical (lollipop) depending on your exam. Of course, a consultation with a full examination and measurements would be necessary in order to provide you with appropriate options to chose from based on your desires and preferences.

Laurence Weider, MD

Implants can be used to achieve a mild lift.

+3

Based on your pictures, a moderate sized implant with a periareolar (also called circumareolar) mastopexy (breast lift) may give you the best overall result. You have mild droop (ptosis) and pseudoptosis (flattening) that are likely to improve with an implant alone, but the nipple and areola would still be centered lower than ideally on the breast. Some patients would prefer this to the lift incisions, even though the incisions heal well in most patients. So it's best to discuss the subtle differences between an implant alone vs. implant with mastopexy with a board certified plastic surgeon. You can see some periareolar mastopexy pictures on my web site.

Also, you should be proud of yourself for getting back in shape post-partum. Good luck.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a lift or lift plus implant

+2

You are a candidate for either a lift alone or a lift with an implant.  If you are satisfied with the size of your breasts then a lift will be fine.  Discuss your concerns with  your plastic surgeon.  

Do I Need a Lift and an Implant?

+2

In my opinion, the answer to your question will depend upon what you desire in terms of shape and size.  From only your photos, I would think you would be a candidate for a lift unless you want to go quite large in size.

In terms of the scar, even though the vertical scar is noticeable early (while the scar is immature), rarely is it ever a problem once it fades.  

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Castle Rock Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Lift with Implant?

+2

Thank you for sharing your photos.   The key to an aesthetically pleasing result is to center the nipple over the implant and to remove loose skin such that the breast implant does not hang over the bra line/crease.

In your case, you will need a breast lift, most likely a lollipop or circumvertical approach.  There are some saline implants that come with adjustable ports if patients are unsure of size, but they do require a 2nd procedure for removal.   This can also carry risk.   In terms of financing, carecredit is a great one that many of my patients have been pleased with.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Implant with or without lift

+2

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Patients need implant for volume; they get lift for a better shape.  Although direct examination in person is better, based on your photos, you may need a small lift (peri-areolar or even circumvertical/lollipop).  If you have breast tissue and nipple below your bra line, you would need a lift.  Adjustable saline implant can be an option if you are not sure about how big you want to be.  You should have a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon to find out more about different types of implants (pros and cons), safety profiles, and potential risks/benefits/alternatives.     Many plastic surgeons accept Care Credit.

Sugene Kim, MD

Do I Need a Lift and an Implant?

+1

This is a question that can only be answered after a full consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Based solely on the one photo you submitted, it appears that you have involution of your breast tissue from breast feeding and drooping of the skin/nipple.  In short, if you are pleased with your current breast volume, then a breast lift should be sufficient.  If you would like to be closer in volume to your original natural breast before children, then a lift with implant will likely be necessary.  I suggest you find a board certified plastic surgeon near you for a consultation and sizing or simulation.  Thank you for your question.

Nicholas Tarola, MD

A breast augmentation after breastfeeding sometimes requires a lift, but not always

+1

Thank you for your question and for including your photos.  However, it's difficult to give you an exact answer without examining you in person and talking about your aesthetic goals.  For instance, it's good to know that you don't like the lift scars, but how large to you want to be?  Also, would you be okay with scars just around the areolae?  Having done many breast augmentations for women who have deflated breasts after breastfeeding, some women just needed a small lift around the areolae because they went with a larger implant.  Either way, I do believe that breast implants with most likely help you restore the lost volume to your breasts and give them a more aesthetic shape.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS