Lift and Augmentation to Correct Asymmetry in Woman Post 2 Children, 2 Years Breast Feeding? (photo)

I looking to correct a congenital asymmetry that only worsened after getting mastitis twice to smaller RT breast. I am aprox 200 lbs and 6 ft tall. I have included photos of myself and what I am trying to achieve. I am also getting a lift which I need and I was told I would only have a lollypop scar to bilateral breasts. Based on my breast volume, symmetry, chest anatomy and nipple locations what silicone breast implant and profile do you recommend? Thank you for your time.

Breast Asymmetry Improvement?

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does look like breast lifting and implants will help achieve your goals.  In regards to choosing your breast implant size, I generally suggest patients:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “very natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Assymetry of breasts

+1

When making the decision between a breast lift and a breast lift with augmentation, I look at both the quality of the skin and the amount of breast tissue.  I also look at the position of the nipple.  If the nipple needs to be elevated, then a breast lift will be necessary.  If there is not enough breast tissue, then an augmentation can be performed.  Some surgeons feel that it is safer to do these procedures in 2 separate operations and others perform them together.  Whichever your surgeon prefers, safety should be the primary factor.  The single best way to assess what you need is for you to visit with a plastic surgeon and feel comfortable with their demeanor and their opinion.  Good luck!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Implant size

+1

You are a relatively tall lady. I agree that you will need some sort of lift. The sizing of the implant depends on your chest and breast diameter.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Asymmetry Corrected with Breast Augmentation and Lift

+1

Breast augmentation with a larger implant in the smaller breast with a circumvertical, vertical or full breast lift, depending upon size of implants placed, could address your issues.

Predicting outcomes with asymmetric and drooping breasts

+1

is extremely difficult.  You should share your goals with your chosen doctor and let him/her let you know what he/she can accomplish from your list of desires.  I can guarantee bigger and fuller and nipples perhaps closer to even but beyond that, I can only try my best to help you achieve the photo you submitted.  Communicate with your doctor.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast implant issues

+1

It is best to go for an exam to determine the best implants for you. I am not sure which are your photos but in the middle it looks like the patient had liposuction as well based upon the ones on the middle right.  Good luck.

Breast Lift and Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

Thank you for your question. Your pictures are ok. In reality our comments are general so although it would be nice to see your complete set of photos and examine you I can speak generally here. It would seem that you need a breast lift from your frontal view picture. If you were my patient I would use the classic wise pattern for you lift because this will allow for removal of enough tissue on the right to help even out your size discrepancy. It can be done with a lollipop incision but in my opinion you need tissue removed in the horizontal and vertical direction and that can only be done with the wise pattern. As far as what implant to use it is based mostly on the measurements of your breast. The base diameter of your breast is the single most important measurement that is taken. Not every patient can have "whatever" implant she wants to achieve a certain size. I have posted many times how I size a breast. I will draw an analogy for you. If you have a size 6 foot you would not purchase size 10 shoes. THe size of you foot I equate to the base diameter of your breast. So if your base diameter is 11 cm you would never be able to take a 14 cm implant. It would be too wide and half would be in your armpit. Next, when you buy shoes you can get flats, high heals or something in between. Implants come the same way and provide a different look. Once your surgeon tells you the base diameter of your breast then it is up to you to decide whether you want the high heal look, flat look or in the middle look. There is an implant in each of these styles that will match the number of the diameter of your breast. Hope this helps! Find a board certified plastic surgeon who you trust!

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lift and Augmentation to Correct Asymmetry in Woman Post 2 Children, 2 Years Breast Feeding?

+1

Thanks for your question and posted photos. I would approach you with a surgery plan of two operations. First op would be lifting to correct asymmetry and fat grafts for volume difference. Than wait 4 to 6 months for silicone UHP implants . 

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

You really have two different problems with significant asymmetry.  There is more sagging on the right side than the left and your right side is larger.  The left breast has a shorter distance from the nipple to the inframammary crease.  A mastopexy augment can be performed to make you "evener" but absolute symmetry is not possible.  It will be important for you to recognize that you will never look like your proposed ideal shape.  It is important, from the beginning, for you to have realistic expectations.  This being said, a substantially improved shape and contour to your breasts is realistic.  

Correct Asymmetry

+1

Thank you for enclosing the photos. It would help to see a side view with your right breast closest to the camera for discussion of a lift. Over the last 3 decades I have tried various techniques for your problem, I see it several times a year. The technique I have used for the last several years tends to give very good results. That would require a lift first of all. I think, based on your photos, a Periareolar or Donut lift would work very well and at the time do a reduction of the right breast. The only reason to do a lollipop lift or an anchor style lift is to remove skin from the lower part of your breast. You need that skin to accomodate an implant. And you always get the best symmetry when the implants are close in size, thus the reduction. We would use a relatively small implant on the right side based on your desired look. For the left side I use a smooth saline Spectrum implant. With that one we can adjust it's volume by injecting saline through your skin with a small needle (or remove saline) until the size is perfect. This is done a couple of weeks after placing the implant and filling it to a close size. The big advantage is the adjustments are made in the office with you awake, in front of a mirror so you have the final say in volume. At that point you can either leave the Spectrum implant in place or replace it with a silicone implant if that is your choice. I have done this procedure 20-25 times ove the last few years and the patients are getting very close symmetry. The Spectrum is a fairly commonly used implant for asymmetry surgery and I am sure you can find someone near you with experience in it if you want to.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD