Will I Need a Lift After Breast Implant Removal?

In '02 I had saline implants, mentor smooth shell filled to 500cc, went from 34B to 36D, weighed 136lbs & am 5'1. A year after my implant surgery I had a lift. I now weigh 146lbs, am going to be 31 years old & have had 2 children since then which I did breastfeed 1 for a few weeks & my cup size has gone to a 36DD. I would like to remove them. Will I need a lift & even with the lift will they ever look normal & would I be a B cup again or smaller? After lift will my breasts look normal?

Breast implant removal

You have a large implant. You needed a breast lift a year after the implants were out in. This means your skin has lost its elasticity.Most probably you will need a lift after removal of the implants. This can be done at the same time of explantation , or do the removal of implants and capsulectomy. wait and see how the breast settles, then you can have a lift if you want to. I see no reason not to have a very good result. The most  important is to choose your doctor carefuly

10 East 31 Street
Baltimore, MD 21218

Lift after breast implant removal

You may very well need a lift after breast implant removal.  SInce you alerady had a lift, you may need a small "touch-up."  You may want to wait a few months after the implants are removed.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Need for lift after explantation

Without reviewing the details of your history and conducting a physcial examination, it would be difficult to prognosticate about the apperance of your breasts after anesthesa

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

To Lift or not Lift?

These are all valid questions but without the chance to examine you it is difficult to give you the answers.  A 500 cc implant has likely stretched and thinned your breast tissue and simple removal of the implants will result in saggy breasts.  This will require a breast lift to improve the shape.  Whether you will end up a B cup is unknown.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS, FACS

2220 Wisteria Drive
Snellville, GA 30078