Will I Need a Lift After Breast Implant Removal?

In '02 I had saline implants, mentor smooth shell filled to 500cc, went from 34B to 36D, weighed 136lbs & am 5'1. A year after my implant surgery I had a lift. I now weigh 146lbs, am going to be 31 years old & have had 2 children since then which I did breastfeed 1 for a few weeks & my cup size has gone to a 36DD. I would like to remove them. Will I need a lift & even with the lift will they ever look normal & would I be a B cup again or smaller? After lift will my breasts look normal?

Breast implant removal

+2

You have a large implant. You needed a breast lift a year after the implants were out in. This means your skin has lost its elasticity.Most probably you will need a lift after removal of the implants. This can be done at the same time of explantation , or do the removal of implants and capsulectomy. wait and see how the breast settles, then you can have a lift if you want to. I see no reason not to have a very good result. The most  important is to choose your doctor carefuly

Lift after breast implant removal

+1

You may very well need a lift after breast implant removal.  SInce you alerady had a lift, you may need a small "touch-up."  You may want to wait a few months after the implants are removed.

Need for lift after explantation

+1

Without reviewing the details of your history and conducting a physcial examination, it would be difficult to prognosticate about the apperance of your breasts after anesthesa

To Lift or not Lift?

+1

These are all valid questions but without the chance to examine you it is difficult to give you the answers.  A 500 cc implant has likely stretched and thinned your breast tissue and simple removal of the implants will result in saggy breasts.  This will require a breast lift to improve the shape.  Whether you will end up a B cup is unknown.

Good Luck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS