Do I need a lift? Im 35. 5'7tall and 160 pounds. Full C cup now. (Photo)

Id like to have rather large implants. Full D or so. Im set on silicone implants and would like to keep a somewhat natural appearance. If i need a lift, which one would you suggest?

Lift required

+1
At size 36 C each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 200 cc implants would take you up to a size D. I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM. Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. The areolas can be reduced to the appropriate size. Through the same incision, implants can be placed. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. Frequent causes of dissatisfaction are over implantation and not performing a simultaneous lift when needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift?

+1
You need a lift to shape your breasts and to reduce areolar size with or without an implant. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Breast Lift

+1
Thanks for sharing your photo and question.

It does appear that a breast lift would be beneficial in your case.  This allows for making a smaller and more centralized areola, and also would re-center the drooping lower breast tissue.  Make sure to visit with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery for a consult and expert advice.

Best Wishes

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the picture.

Based on the picture, I believe that a breast lift with areola reduction would be the ideal procedures for you. This will give you a natural enhanced look.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift/mastopexy

+1
You appear to have quite a reasonable volume to your breasts (C-D from the photo) but with most of your breast tissue beneath your fold.  I would certainly recommend a lift (mastopexy) to elevate your existing breast tissue and this would be combined with an areolar reduction.  I would use peri-areolar and vertical scars (lolipop) and you may even need a scar in your fold too.  depending on your exact volume now, you may have an excellent result with a lift only & thus avoid the use of implants altogether.  I hope this helps.  Regards

Kim Taylor, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

+1
You definitely would benefit from a lift, it looks like your volume is fine. Be careful about getting too large.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast augmentation with a lift

+1
It would be possible to do a peri-areolar approach and reduce the areola diameter while enhancing the breast.  I normally don't use this incision but in your case makes sense.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS