When Can I Lift my 11 Month Old After a Mini Tummy Tuck?

I had a mini tummy tuck with lipo on my thighs and abdomen area a week ago. So far I am doing good but wondering when can I lift and carry my 11 month old baby.

Lifting after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Postop instructions including returning to exercise and/or lifting is individualized depending on exactly what procedure was performed. These types of questions are therefore best addressed by your plastic surgeon. Generally, I advise patients not to do any lifting greater than 10 pounds for the first 4 to 6 weeks after tummy tuck surgery.

Best wishes

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

You can lift your 11 mo. old when the surgeon tells you it is safe to do so as they were the one to observe your muscle, and know if they did any repairs.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Lifting children after a mini tummy tuck

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

Patients who are procedure should be aware of the significant recovery process afterwards. We tell patients to anticipate swelling, discomfort, and bruising for several weeks to several months.
Limitations and activity and lifting children are typically from the muscle repair or plication portion of the surgery. Your best bet is to discuss with your plastic surgeon exactly what they performed during your surgery and let them know about the activity level that you would like to achieve. If no muscle repair was performed, you may return to the gym and lift heavy objects such as children much earlier. In our Miami practice, we commonly tell patients that they can lift heavy objects such as children at least eight weeks after their surgery. In your case, consult with your doctor to review the components of your surgery and learn of any exercise limitations.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Lifting a baby after mini tummy tuck

+1

This recommendation will vary among practitioners but in general lifting restrictions for 10-20 pounds are usually advised for a minimum of 2-3 weeks

Lifting after a mini-tummy tuck

+1

I usually have patients wait 6 weeks or longer in most cases before I allow them to do any heavy lifting.  However each doctor will recommend different things.