Lifestyle Lift Vs. Quick Lift

What's the difference between a Lifestyle Lift and a Quick Lift? I heard the Quick Lift also tightens the muscle.

Similar Procdures but not Exactly

+12

Hello Alliegirl,

The Lifestyle Lift and Quick Lift are similar in some ways and different in others.

Similarities:

1. Both procedures have an incision that starts at the front of the ear and goes under the earlobe and then behind the ear.
  2. Both can be undertaken with local anesthesia and mild sedation
  3. Both involve removal of excess skin
  4. Both address aging changes in the the lower third of the face
  5. Both require additional procedures to fully address the neck if muscle bands are present (ie. neck lift, platysmaplasty, liposuction)

Differences:

The main difference between these procedures lies in how the SMAS/Platsyma/muscle layer is addressed:

1. In the Quick Lift the SMAS/platysma is elevated using a "purse string" suture which moves the SMAS/platysma upwards. This suture is anchored to deeper tissues in the area immediately in front of the upper ear. The suture used absorbs over several weeks to months as the tissues heal in place.
  2. In the Lifestyle Lift the SMAS/platysma is plicated (folded onto itself) in various locations and vectors using a permanent suture.

Physicians will argue back and forth about which one lasts longer, looks more natural, recovery time, etc. Best to ask the Physician performing the procedure as many questions as you can during your consultation and why they feel that it would be a satisfying procedure for you.

It is always recommended to speak to Patients who have had the procedure done at least one year earlier to get a sense of their satisfaction and experiences with it.

Before you make your decision, read this article

+11

I encourage the readers of Real Self who are considering facial rejuvenation to read an excellent article published in the New York Times June 3rd.  The article pertains to "branded" facelifts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/fashion/04SKIN.html

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifstyle lift and Quick lift

+9

A lifestyle lift  and Quicklift are a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Two popular minilift procedures

+7

Given the overwhelmingly negative blogs and comments on this website alone why patients are still undergoing and contemplating these mini-lifts, including the two procedures described above?

What is the advantage of making all the incisions of a real facelift but just performing small undermining? You can see by the posts it is not scarring. Closing incisions under tension causes pressure on the incisions to open up or widen. Wide hypertrophic scars tend to be unsightly, depigment, and itch, all common complaints on the message boards.

Judging from the posts, it is not better results either, since the amount of pulling to correct jowling is less with a minilift than with a real facelift. Many of the posts reflect inadequate or disappointing rejuvenation.

Minilifts are definitely cheaper, because they are often marketed and performed under local anesthesia and entail much less surgery than a real facelift. Many of the posts reflect a considerably painful experience during the surgery. Any surgery, inncluding real facelifts, can be performed under local anesthesia with sedation. It is not always the most comfortable option, but it can certainly be done.

Are there many very happy LSL patients out there? Perhaps. But the LSL patients I have seen in my practice have been uniformly unhappy and have had unsatisfactory and sometimes incredible scarring. In all fairness maybe only unhappy patients seek our office out because our most common procedure is revision facelifts. However judging from the posts that is not the case either, since most patients posting on this board were unhappy with their LSL lifts.

I have several posts on this website on this topic, so I won't belabor the point. I would advise patients who think they are going to get a $20,000 facelift for $5000 to research further and read the comments posted by actual patients carefully.

The good news for unhappy LSL patients is that these procedures can usually be revised and converted to real facelifts by sugeons skilled in the techniques of revision facelifts.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Lifestyle Lift, Quicklift and Others Claim to be the Latest and Greatest

+7

Buyer beware: a number of ‘limited incision’ and ‘quick recovery’ facelift procedures are currently marketed to patients with names like “The Quicklift”, “The Lifestyle Lift”, “The Weekend Facelift”, “The S Lift”, “The MACS Lift”, etc. As with most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. In my opinion, the results of surgery are in direct proportion to the time and effort that the surgeon has put into the procedure. Most of the procedures I have listed above cut corners to arrive at a shorter surgical time and quicker recovery (which, by the way, isn’t always the case), and most of them undertreat or do not at all improve the neck. Additionally, ‘cutting corners’ in the neck almost always leads to distortion of the neck area skin, which often is quite readily apparent in ‘before and after’ images of these procedures with gimmicky names. Look for abnormal and unnatural-appearing skin tension lines in the lateral neck as well as below and behind the ears.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

You get what you pay for.

+4

Many patients will seek techniques that sometimes sound too good to be true.  A nice facelift will address excess, lax skin as well as the underlying soft tissues/muscles.  Techniques that utilize too much tension on the skin will lead to undesireable, tell-tale signs of a bad facelift.

Sanjay Grover, MD

lifestyle left versus quicklift versus comprehensive face neck lift

+2
 lifestyle lift and quickllift are both mini lift procedures  and tend to give mini results. It's impossible to give a comprehensive face/ neck lift under local anesthesia in one hour in the office setting.
 A comprehensive lower face and neck lift rejuvenates the face in a natural way so that patients look refreshed without looking operated upon. The neck muscles are tightened in 3 locations, the SMAS and the jowls are tightened in the face, fat is removed above and below the platysma muscle in the neck and excess skin is tightened in the face and neck area for comprehensive facial rejuvenation.
 For many examples, please see the link  below to our facelift photo gallery

Difference between LifeStyle Lift and QuickLift

+1
LifeStyle Lift andy QuickLift are both Trade marks of medical corporations. They hire or contract surgeons to perform lower facelift using local anesthesia with oral sedation. QuickLift uses a specific short scar lower facelift, but Lifestyle lift does not have a specific technique. Results are surgeon dependent and results varies from office to office. The article below provides some information about branded medical corporations. 

Kevin Sadati, DO

Facelifts by many different names

+1
There are many other excellent answers to your question from my colleagues below. In my experience, the issue is that there are many facelift techniques that surgeons 'name' or 'brand'ke to make them more enticing to patients. This can be misleading and ultimately leads to more patient confusion. Most importantly, discuss your goals with your surgeon and see if the proposed treatment makes sense. Don't dwell on the 'name' of the facelift being proposed.

Lucie Capek, MD
Latham Plastic Surgeon

Neck and Facelift options - Los Angeles

+1

Another option to both of these procedures is Ultherapy, which can be a quick and simple non surgical facelift option. Ulthera is an excellent first stage choice for neck and face rejuvenation.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS