Lifestyle Lift Side Effects - Should I Be Worried That my Neck Feels "Too Tight"?

I had the LL done a little over 2 weeks ago. I have felt like I'm being strangled ever since. My neck in front is so tight that if my chin is tucked while lying on a pillow my air supply and blood supply to my head are altered. Since I've had the procedure done, I've had chest pain, weakness, nausea, shortness of breath, headaches, accelerated heartbeat and/or heart palpatations sporatically. I'm beginning to get scared as these sre beginning to worsen. I discontinued the strong pain medication after the first week because it made me sick, so I know that isn't an issue.

I fear fainting if I bend over. Please tell me if you know what is happening here!! Can a LL that is too tight around the neck cause serious problems?

Lifestyle Lift side effects

+1

Many of the symptoms that you are describing are not uncommon after having a facelift done. The anchoring of the muscle along with the swelling that occurs can create a very tight sensation and some people feel short of breath and have difficulty moving their neck. These symptoms will usually resolve given time.

Many of the symptoms that you describe including chest pain, shortness of breath, and heart palpitations can be signs of very serious cardiac problems. While conditions such as anxiety can often masquerade as a heart condition I would not treat these symptoms lightly. I would call your surgeon as well as your primary care physician immediately and have these symptoms evaluated.

If you are symptomatic, call your surgeon ASAP.

+1

I agree with Dr. Placik.  All facelifts are initially very tight, but they loosen with time.  You are obviously not there yet.  However, you need to tell your surgeon about your symptoms.  They may be related to the medication you are using, but they could also be a sign of a worse problem.  Call your surgeon ASAP!!

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Call your LL doctor ASAP!

+1

I would urgently recommend that you call your physician if you fear fainting if you bend over. You should not be spending time on these message boards and you should relate these concerns immediately to your physician. The liftestyle lift is practiced by many different physicians with no reference text available to me to look up what is involved in this procedure and so I cannot provide you with any specific suggestions or treatments.