Scabbing After Lifestyle Lift

These scabs run and bleed. How long can I expect this to last? I feel great otherwise and am only having this problem with the left side of my face. I am 63 with fair skin which is very thin. Vaseline seems to make it worse but this is what the Dr, recommends

Scabbing After Lifestyle Lift

+1

The scabbing could be from debris or blood within the suture material. This is not uncommon and can usually be cleaned with peroxide on a q-tip. Less commonly, some of the skin scabs and sloughs and new skin will heal in beneath. This usually result when alot of tension is placed on the skin during a mini-lift procedure. Keeping the wound clean and moist will allow the best possible healing result. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Web reference: http://weberfacialplasticsurgery.com/facelift-necklift/

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scabbing after a lifestyle lift

+1

Scabbing can be a natural part of the healing process, especially behind the ear around the suture line. The scabbing typically resolves with time and good wound care. Without pictures it is difficult to determine whether or not this is a normal part of the healing process or something that needs more attention. I would follow up with your surgeon.

Scabs bleeding

+1

Without an exam, I can not say what could be going on. If you have some delayed healing from your facelift, you may want to call your doctor for recommendations.

Open bleeding wound after Lifestyle Lift

+1

The cause of this is unknown but my educated guess is that it is dead skin or exposed stitches. I would continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon for wound management.