Is Lifestyle Lift Safe?

We were considering Lifestyle Lift, but heard negatives about it. Is the procedure safe?

Lifestyle Lift has risks

+3

Although Lifestyle Lift advertises a ' a safer procedure', there are risks when there is No Anesthesia provider in the facility. Paste the link below into your browser to view  the story of a 'Woman who Died after Lifestyle Lift in Florida'. Unfortunately, this is not the only case that has ended tragically for patients in their clinics. As with any surgery there are risks, so do your research before undergoing any surgical procedure, especially on your face.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safety is based is primarily the resposibility of the surgeon

+3

Safety does not mean satisfaction.  Like any other cosmetic procedure Lifestyle lift is safe when performed by an ethical and well trained surgeon in a safe environment on a healthy patient.  I must add that there are many controversies surrounding the lifestyle lift as a surgical procedure.

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Safety of lifetstyle lift

+2

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first to get their opinion.

Risks of a liftestyle lift

+2

Any surgery carries risk. Lifestyle lift is not a defined procedure. It is performed by different surgeons. You must first meet with the surgeon, if you can. Then ask the surgeon about his/her specific technique and the risks involved.

Is lifestyle lift saf

+1

Generally it is but the facilities in general are not accredited and no anesthesiologist is present for your safety and complete monitoring. I'd prefer an experienced Plastic Surgeon if I were you who has guidelines for safety set up by the state and federal goverment...See my video.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Is a lifestyle lift safe

+1

The lifestyle lift is a lower third facelift that is performed under local anesthetic. The fact that the procedure is done under local anesthetic limits many of the risks of general anesthsia. The procedure itself does not involve treacherous dissection around vital organs so an experienced and qualified surgeon should not have any issues with damage to vital structures.

The most important factor determining the safety of any elective cosmetic procedure is ensuring that the patient is healthy. High blood pressure, diabetes, heat rhythm problems and other health issues can make a very straight forward surgery  like a facelift potentially dangerous. It is the job of the surgeon to ensure that you are properly screened and worked up to make sure that you minimize all of the potential risks. Well trained, experienced surgeons understand this and make certain that all of these details are addressed. I can't speak to lifestyle lifts patient care protocols.

Another safety issue is the facility itself. It is important to make sure that the staff is well trained and the patient is properly monitored throughout the procedure and that all sterilization protocols and patient care protocols are properly followed. I can't speak to LL's protocols but again, a well trained surgeon will pay attention to these details and ensure that you have a good experience with minimal risk. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD