Is Lifestyle Lift Safe for Diabetics?

Is lifestyle lift safe?

+2

It is a  procedure performed in non accredited facilities and the availability of intraoperative diabetic monitoring is probably not possible. See my video

Lifestyle Lift is a Company That Operates in Non-Accredited Facilities

+2

As stated by Dr. Kabaker (a highly respected Surgeon on the West coast), having a procedure performed in a non-accredited facility may be more risky for anybody, let alone a diabetic.  The reason you have probably heard about Lifestyle Lift is because of the phenomenal marketing campaign.  However, if you read this website, you won't find very many Surgeons with positive reactions toward this "procedure".  Lifestyle Lift is not as impressive a procedure as the advertising might lead you to believe, and of course it does not offer zero downtime (no procedure does).  One obvious omission in the LSL advertising  is the fact that their facilities are not accredited.  Another point anyone should know is the fact that the company has already been fined by the Attorney General in New York (Andrew Cuomo) and is facing a second Attorney General's investigation in Florida.  Any prospective patient ought to search the "Google Sand Box" a little bit more.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face lifts in diabetics

+2
Diabetics are more prone to complications of any type of surgery or injury if not well controlled. Discuss your general health with the surgeon who might be doing your surgery and the doctor who treats your diabetes. Surgery performed in non-accredited facilities should be looked at with caution in my opinion.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Lifestyle Lift Safe Diabetics

+1

In my hands, I have performed the Lifestyle Lift on many diabetics with excellent results. While diabetes can be a factor in slow wound healing, I have used the Hgb A1c as a measure of helping insure we perform these surgeries on patients at a time when their sugars are optimally controlled. Through the Lifestyle Lift Medical Clearance Process, I often communicate with the Primary Care Doctors, to help understand any other medical issues that might impact, or sometimes preclude the Lift. FInally, I help patients make sure they check their sugars post-procedure, and again work with the patients and PCP's if any issues arise.

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle Lift and diabetics

+1

A lifestyle lift is a lower third facelift that is performed under local anesthetic in an office setting. Uncontrolled diabetics are at an increased risk for complications. Infection, wound breakdown, and scarring can occur in patients who have high blood sugar. Patients with diabetes are also at increased risk for intra-operative complications such as bleeding.

I will do facial rejuvination surgery for diabetics but I always require their Hemoglobin A1C levels to be below 6.5 and a journal of their daily blood sugars for two weeks before surgery to ensure that they are committed to optimizing their healing conditions. I also require medical clearance from the patient's primary care physician to ensure that there are no other medical conditions that  may put the patient at risk.

I think that it is reasonable to do the surgery in an office based setting as long as all of the preoperative workup has been done. Doing the procedure under local anesthetic does eliminate many of the risks of general anesthesia. I would do multiple consults with qualified and experienced surgeons. Many surgeons can provide a much better experience for you with much more individual attention than lifestyle lift can. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD