What's Your Professional Opinion on Lifestyle Lift?

I am reconsidering my Lifestyle Lift procedure due to so many unsatisfactory reviews. There are many satisfied customers also. I am concerned.

In your professional opinion, does the Lifestyle Lift procedure produce overall good and lasting results or would you recommend another procedure for about the same cost? It could be a little more.

My procedure (should I decide to proceed) will cost $7,100.00. It includes the Lifestyle Lift (lower face and neck), and my lower and upper eyes.

I am a youthful looking 65 year old in excellent health. I have hopes of making myself more marketable in the work force and so my hopes are to make myself look better, not necessarily younger.

My opinion of lifestyle lift

+3

Not a very favorable opinion I'm afraid. I went so far as making a video of my appearance on "Beauty bites" If you watch it a picture is worth a thousand words.

No one really knows what Lifestyle Lift is

+2

What you have to understand is that these are marketing terms, and not defined surgical procedures.

The lifestyle lift is performed by different surgeons in different locations and as far as I know there is no textbook that defines the procedure. Most of the patients are "screened" by a nurse or health care personnel and I frequently hear that patients do not meet the doctor until the day of surgery. This may explain the low (60%)satisfaction rates reported in the "Was it worth it?" survey. Compare this to the high (78%) facelift rates.

This is in direct contrast to the composite lift or the deep-plane technique which are very defined procedures. I would disagree with the other physician who states that the MACS lift does not achieve the results. In moderately aged individuals this provides an excellent result with a minimal downtime. The innovatiors of the technique have two books, several CD's on the technique and over 10 years of follow-up.

However, I do generally agree, that the more advanced the aging is, the more agressive the surgical procedure needs to be. With this in mind a mini-lift means different things to different people.

This would be parallel to having a construction person, say we are going to do a mini remodeling of your kitchen: does that mean a coat of paint, tearing down the walls, ripping up the floors, new plumbing/electricity? You really have to get down to the specifics of what you want. Your face is made of bone, muscles, fat, and skin along with glands, organs, nerves and vessels. Each and all of these components contribute to aging and it depends on which one you are going to treat that defines each procedure.

I tried to keep this brief but give you an overview to why this is a complex question with no easy answer.

Lifestyle Lift is Just a Marketing Company

+2

Lifestyle Lift: It's just a marketing entity. Lifestyle Lift can be equated to an "Ask Gary" in legal terms, or an "1-800-Dentist."

Lifestyle Lift is hard for a patient/ consumer to avoid, because they come into a market and spend upwards of $100,000 a month on advertising. Their marketing is compelling, offering a "breakthrough" 1-hour procedure, showing dramatic results. The results they show are quite good, but most (on the website) are from procedures that appear to have taken much longer than 1 hour. No mention is made of who the individual surgeon is (a huge consideration). Thus, it is a prototypical "bait and switch" tactic.

Here are a few facts about Lifestyle Lift.

Fact: There is nothing revolutionary about the procedure performed in Lifestyle Lift facilities.

Fact: A Lifestyle Lift often takes substantially longer than an hour.

Fact: You will not be given IV sedation, and will therefore be awake. If you are given oral sedation, it is unlikely that you will be monitored. There is a specific complaint in Florida about this occurring; this may be the case in other states.

Fact: Your "Lifestyle Lift" surgeon may or may not have hospital privileges. If he or she doesn't and you have a problem, you will be seen in an Emergency Room by a Surgeon who has never seen you before. This has happened in the State of Florida and may have happened in other states.

Fact: The procedure appears to have a disproportionately high percentage of dissatisfied patients on this website and amongst patients I have seen. A simple comparison of the figures on this website should enlighten any prospective patient.

Fact: Satisfaction for a patient is often a derivative of what is implied or promised prior to a procedure vis-a-vis marketing and the preoperative counselling. It is possible for a patient to have a technically perfect procedure and be dissatisfied. It is my impression that the marketing of Lifestyle Lift often overextends the capabilities of what can be offered.

Fact: As Dr. Rand points out, not all surgeons are equal. You should, as common wisdom would suggest, seek references and opinions about the individual Surgeon you are seeing.

Fact: Lifestyle Lift presents facelift as a commodity. The fact is that more research needs to be done by patients than purchasing a set of tires. There is not necessarily equivalency between Lifestyle Lift facilities or Lifestyle Lift surgeons.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

I personally would never do it

+2

Life style lift is just a nationally marketed mini facelift technique sold to doctors who usually are non-plastic surgeons who want to get a foothold in the competitve market of aesthetic surgery of the face.

Look at the very significant number of unhappy patient reviews across the internet and on this site and that should tell you everything!

A properly performed cheek and neck lift (aka facelift) done by an excellent plastic surgeon is what you should have done. It may cost a little more but the result should be so worth it and should last the rest of your life.

Please check my photos on Real Self and on my web site. The Life Style lift just doesn't produce the same outcomes.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Lifestyle Lift Opinions

+1

Lifestyle Lift is a trademark. Essentially it is a lower 1/3rd facelift addressing jowling and platysmal banding in the neck. One of the main drawback to a Lifestyle Lift is that it follows a cookie cutter corporate model. Everybody gets the same surgery. The surgeons have very little flexibility what type of procedure they can offer. Another drawback is that there is very little actual interaction with the surgeon. This is one of the most likely reasons for the low ratings that the procedure gets. I would find a qualified, experienced facial plastic surgeon who is willing to sit down and spend time with you and address your main concerns. He may cost a bit more but you will not regret it.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Lifestyle lift

+1

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon first.

What is Your Professional Opinion of a Lifestyle Lift

+1

The Lifestyle Lift is a very good option for your desire to achieve a more refreshed, youthful apearance, especially as you move to make yourself more marketable in the workforce today. The Lifestyle Lift begins with a consultation that seeks to understand your desired new look. Lifestyle Lift employs some of the best aesthetic consultants in the industry. These consultants are trained to help you focus your interests, with specific attention paid to the emotional aspects of making such an important decision in your life.

From there, the consultants provide you with various options, including the Lifestyle Lift facelift. They next take you through a presentation explaining various procedures we offer, culminating in your introduction to one of the physicians. LSL physicians are ENT/HeadNeck/ Facial Plastic or Plastic Surgeons who focus on the offered procedures. Many of these physicians have industry leading case volume averages, supported by Medical Directors and other measures to insure the highest quality of effort and outcomes. Furthermore, Lifstyle Lift funds an Innovation Center that constantly evaluates new products and technologies (like lasers) to help keep our programs relevant and timely.

Once the consultation is completed, consultants share with you the prices for the procedures you might be interested in. Lifestyle Lift offers some of the industry's best financing options, including some unique options that we have developed for our clients. At this point you are free to decide whatever you like to do. Again the consultants are taught to focus on your emotional needs in making this decision. The consultants often follow up with you, and one thing I have noticed is that many patients continue to communicate with consultants about this decision, regardless of whether they buy something or not. The consultations are free and again serve to help indiduals navigate the often confusing world of aesthetics.

Having perfromed many procedures at Lifestyle Lift, I can assure you that everyone I know in the organization is committed to your well being. If LSL happens to be the right option for you...great...if not, we are confident many of our colleagues who share the same qualifications as us will do a great job for you. Good luck.

Farhan Taghizadeh, MD
Albuquerque Facial Plastic Surgeon