Is the Pain from Lifestyle Lift Permanent?

I had the LSL (Lifestyle Lift) at the end of December last year. The area behind my ears and under my chin still really hurts! Will this feeling be with me forever?

Pain behind the ears after lifestyle lift

+2

Lifestyle lift, just like any other facial rejuvenation surgery, creates scars around the ear. Just like after any other facial rejuvenation surgery the patient can experience increased pain sensitivity around the ear. This pain may be related to the scar itself, underlying sutures, or injury to surrounding nerves.

If the scar tissue around the incision is the most tender part, steroid injections, combination of steroid injections and 5-FU, silicone sheeting, or Scarguard MD could be good options.

I suggest you openly discussing the concerns with the surgeon who performed your surgery and seek his or her input on the reason or source of discomfort. Sometimes releasing the suture, or performing trigger point injection with lidocaine and Kenalog can significantly improve or solve the problem.

Sincerely,

Boris Volshteyn M.D., M.S.

East Brunswick Plastic Surgeon

Painful scars after Lifestyle Lift

+2

This is unusual and may be due to a suture reaction or keloid scar. As mentioned below steroid injections can dramatically improve the pain. It is possible that the pain would be permanent but highly unlikely. I would encourage you to see your surgeon. In the meantime consider topical massage and silicone sheeting

It will take time

+2

You may have hypertrophic scar and you may need steroid (kenolog) injection. Please haave your doctor examine you and treat you. The care after urgery does not end with suture removal and it continues as long as patient has issues. Please go back to your doctor.

I am not fan of Lifestyle lift because it is done mostely by surgeons that are not trained to do all different kind of the face lift and every patient that resopnds to the massive media blitz gets the lifestyle lift.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon