Continuous Itching and Numbness After Lifestyle Lift

15 months ago, I had a Lifestyle Lift, thinking it was a "breakthrough procedure" and not a face lift. How shocked was I? So here it is, 15 months later and my face and skin surrounding the ears is still numb and is continually itchy. Is this nerve damage? The skin is sagging again and the itching drives me crazy. Is there anything I can do? Someone on here mentioned Tree tea oil. Would that help? Thanks.

Itching and numbness after a lifestyle lift

+2

Unfortunately, lifestyle lift marketing techniques are not the most transparent. They market a revolutionary facial rejuvination procedure that will make you look 10-15 years younger that takes about an hour and requires only a few days of downtime.

As you now know, it is a facelift procedure that takes at least a couple of hours and should require a minimum of one week of down time. The deceptive marketing techniques lead to patient expectations that are far from realistic. The ultimate result is that, regardless of the outcome, the experience can be bad. 

The numbness that you are experiencing is not uncommon following a face lift and can take many months to return and you may never have complete return of sensation. The itchiness could be from a hypertrophic scar or a keloid. Often times a steroid injection or topical steroid cream may help.

If the skin is still sagging you may need a revision procedure. I would visit with a board certified, experienced, qualified surgeon to discuss your concerns.

Treating scars with a Lifestyle Lift

+2

A facelift or lifestyle lift can induce scar tissue in front of and behind the ear. Patients should be followed closely after surgery to minimize secondary deformity. If you have had a Lifestyle Lift and you complain of itching, burning, and thickened scars, you may be a candidate for non-invasive scar treatments to decrease the inflammatory aspects of scar formation and to improve the scar.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

It may be a hypertrophic scar or keloid: consider triamcinolone

+2

It looks as if you may have a hypertophic scar or early keloid which are frequently associated with itching or pins & needles sensation. This typically responds within a few days to an injection of triamcinolone. This can be performed by your dermatologist.

You may eventually require a scar revision.

Itching after facelift

+1
What you'er experiencing is related to the incision lines/scars in the back of your ear. Visit your doctor or another plastic surgeon for possible injection to reduce the itching and discomfort. 

Kevin Sadati, DO