I Had Lifestyle Lift, I HATE It and Am So Unhappy. What Can I Do To Correct This?

One side of my face looks TOTALLY different than the other. One eye brow looks elevated and the other is droopy as well as the eyelid being droopy. (from botox) How can this be corrected. One of the ears is missing the little thing that connects at the face line. one side looks drawn tight, pulling the corner of my mouth. I look like that crazy Leona Helmsley... The S lift is not even what they said I was getting! I am supposed to get married in a month and I am ready to call it off. Help!

What to do if unhappy after Lifestyle Lift

+3

Your photos look like they are approximately 4 days and 2 weeks after surgery, from what I can tell. If you are getting married in a month - about  6 weeks after surgery - I think that may have been cutting it close.

Thankfully, your botox-induced brow assymmetry will resolve by itself. There may be some re-balancing that can be done by a very skilled injector to make you look more even before your wedding.

I agree - your best bet now is visiting a very experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and advice.

Mike Nayak

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Worried about healing after a facelift

+1
As has been stated, six weeks is a tight window to heal from a facelift. The brow asymmetry is from the Botox. That should gradually wear off. A skilled injector may be able to provide some balance for you however, at this point, I would be very cautious about adding any more procedures with your wedding approaching. 

You look like you are healing normally from the pictures that you provided. It is true that full resolution of swelling can take up to six months or longer. However, I am optimistic that you will look good for your wedding. Make sure that you follow up with your surgeon and are compliant with his or her instructions.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Unhappy with Lifestyle lift 3 wks post must look good for wedding in 3 weeks

+1

If Lifestyle lift told you you'd look good enough for wedding pics in 6 weeks that is really pushing it. That being said what can you do. First I would begin a decreasing course of prednisolone (medrol) this always helps and should get you married. Facial endemology has worked also as has ultrasoud therapy. Dont give up get proactive

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Unhappy After Lifestyle Lift, What to Do?

+1

I agree with Dr. Nayak that Lifestyle Lift and resurfacing within a month of your wedding was making things a little tight.  The brow asymmetry is related to Botox and will wear off within 3 months of injection.  As far as other asymmetries and concerns after your procedure: this is totally normal for several months. If these persist beyond 6 months, I suggest that you see a reputable Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon in your area.  I would review this website for patients' experience with LSL's patient relations and problem solving ability.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after Botox/facelift

+1

During the early period after a face-neck lift (the first 4 weeks), it is common to see differences between each side of the face in terms of swelling, lumpiness, and pulling. As the swelling continues to resolve, often these differences disappear. If they do not, then you may benefit from a revision. Unless there is a dramatic difference between the sides, I would wait at least one year from the first surgery before attempting to improve the symmetry. The difference in eyebrow height from the Botox will certainly improve as the effect wears off, usually between 3-4 months after the injection. It may start softening earlier than that. Good luck with your recovery.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after Lifestyle Lift

+1

It is difficult to give specific advice here.  I would simply recommend that you seek the advice of a reputable board-certified PLASTIC SURGEON experienced in cosmetic  facial rejuvenation surgery in your area.  Good luck.  . 

Stephen Delia, MD