Lifestyle Lift for Face and Neck?

I've heard of Lifestyle Lift for the face and neck, what is it exactly? What does it really involve and what are the chances of scarring? How long is the healing process and how would you consider the pain level? Better yet, how would the patients consider the pain level?

Please do your due diligence

+3

I would strongly recommend reading the patient reviews and patient photographs of lifestyle lift on this website. Lifestyle lift is a company, not necessarily a distinctive procedure. The patients I have seen who have had lifestyle lift have generally had unfavorable scarring. When considering a face and neck lift, I would trust your face to an individual Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifstyle lift

+2

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  There is always scarring from surgery but the scars from a facelift will fade over time.

Lifestyle Lift

+1

Lifestyle lift is a company, a brand, not really a procedure. We always recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  We strongly encourage you to read patient reviews and patient photographs of lifestyle lift on this website and others before deciding.   As to pain, that generally varies on from patient to patient.  There is always scarring from surgery, however this should be minimal from any face lift procedure.

"Dr.D"

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift questions

+1

The lifestyle lift is a corporate trademark that refers to a lower third facelift and neck lift. It is a corporation that uses mass marketing to advertise the procedure and offers the procedure under local anesthetic. The model depends on a tremendous amount of patient volume in order to offer the procedure at such as low price as well as the fact that the procedure is done under local anesthetic which lowers the cost for the patient because they do not have to pay surgery center or anesthesia fees.

The procedure itself is a lower third facelift and neck lift that addresses jowling and platysmal banding in the neck (turkey neck). This is usually accomplished through what is known as an imbrication or plication technique. These are terms that refer to techniques that anchor the muscles of the face in an elevated position.

If you have an experienced and qualified surgeon and you are not a diabetic or a smoker there should be little risk of scarring. The healig process is vastly underemphasized by the company. A quality facelift that will last requires a few hours of operative time and can take a few months to completely heal. It is not, as the company advertises, a luchtime lift that allows you to return to work in a couple of days.

It is very possible to do a facelift and neck lift under local anesthetic as long as the patient is thoroughly educated and screened for problems like anxiety or panic disorder, back and neck pain, or restless leg syndrome. These are all conditions that could make a facelift under local anesthetic a horrible experience fo the patient. In the absence of these conditions, it is very possible using the tumescent technique to perform a good facelift under local anesthetic and keep the patient comfortable at the same time.

Lifestyle lift does not do a good job of informing the patient of the actual experience and the healing process and all that is involved with post-op care. The result is many unhappy patients. Another problem is that they offer the same surgery to everybody which often results in suboptimal results and unhappy patients. I would do multple consultations with qualified and experienced surgeons and find a surgeon who you are confident will provide you with both a great experience and great results. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD

Lifestyle Lift and recovery

+1

That is the million dollar question: What is the lifestyle lift? There are no published books or manuals describing the procedure. For this reason, it is difficullt predict the outcome when the steps are unclear.