Lifestyle Lift for Correcting Previous Facelift?

With a history of a Facelift, 10 years ago, with minor corrections needed, which would be better? A traditional lift or the Lifestyle lift?

Do it right: Lifestyle Lift is not the answer

+3

I agree with other posts that it is normal to require a revision 10 years after a facelift.

If you undergo a lifestyle lift, you may put yourself at a higher risk of being dissatisfied and requiring a tertiary procedure within a year.  Be careful and please read the opinions on this website.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revisional Facelift techniques- which are best?

+3

Revision facelifts are more difficult than primary facelifts. Sometimes, much more difficult.

Why is a revision facelift more difficult than a primary facelift?

Older facelifts often alter the hairlines, pull on the bump in front of the ear (tragus) or alter the earlobe shape. They change the direction of pull on the skin. They allow the midface to slide while the side of the face rises, producing an artificial appearance. Volume replacement has generally not been addressed at all. Revision of these problems will not occur by chance. It will only occur if decided, specific steps are taken to fix them. These steps are entirely different from those of a primary facelift and are best performed by a surgeon who specializes in revision facelifts. Otherwise all the problems mentioned above will become worse.

Using a Lifestyle Life to do a revision facelift would, in my opinion, be like calling in the boy scouts rather than the marines to deal with a terrorist attack.

Brent Moelleken, MD

Generic lifts do not equal custom lifts

+2

After 10 years and with review of your pictures, you need an updated lift which includes closing the platysma in your neck and suspending your jowls.

Today's lifts are far better than 10 years ago when done by someone who has added the newer styles of lifts.

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who practice in his own office and under his own name. You want a "one off" and not a litho.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Customize the surgery rather than one size fits all.

+2

Ten years after a face lift I would expect to see signs of aging.

A lifestyle lift is a procedure designed to improve the neck line and the jowles, It is not a regular facelift and has limitations. The reason it is called a lifestyle lift is because with the way it is done it "does not interfere with your lifestyle," being that it is done under local anesthesia with some oral sedation and a limited dissection in order to limit the bruising and swelling that comes with a regular facelift and therefor it is suppose to interfere less with your lifestyle. It is a procedure that can be done by a competent surgeon but to use the trademark name lifestye lift as advertisement it is done in a facility in the Lifestyle Lift group of 40 or more location across the country. At these locations there are no standard operating rooms and no anesthesiologist , Each doctor preforms several procedures per day and has certain quotas to make.

A regular Board Certified Plastic Surgeon could better evaluate your needs and customize the procedure to your specific needs rather than a location that has a one size fits all approach.

Walter D. Gracia, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon

You may not be satisfied after a Lifestyle Lift.

+2

A recent NY Times article addressed this procedure, and most people were not satisfied. In my area, the Lifestyle Lifts have not been performed with any degree of competence, and I've seen scarring and overall poor results.

You should not be fooled by infomercials that brand this operation as the best option for facial rejuvenation. From what I've seen, you should proceed with caution, or avoid it completely.

You should consult a board-certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon experienced with face lift surgery, and you should see many favorable photos before proceeding.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift is a gimmick.

+2

Hi!

See the link below to a New York Times article that dicusses the Lifestyle lift. I think it is a gimmick.  In general, avoid procedures with trademarks or catchy names.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

You need another facelift, not a Lifestyle Lift

+2

Please read the countless unhappy stories on line about the LS lift and dispense with this as an option. The main thing you need to address is in your neck where you have prominent widely spaced platysma bands. This would not be corrected by a LS lift at all and you would be left looking about the same as you do now. Find the best Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your region and go in for a consulattion if your previous doctor isn't the one you want to go back to.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Correcting Previous Facelifts

+1

Depending on the time period of your previous facelift, certainly facelifts only last 10-15 years, the secondary facelift may require a “Lift & Fill” facelift in the cheek area with shaping and contouring and refilling of the central face in the depleted face compartments or neck rejuvenation. This can be done with finesse of a secondary advanced facelift which is a much more beneficial effect than just a skin only or an assembly line type of generic facelift.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Variation of a traditional lift superior to lifestyle lift

+1

Lifestyle lift is not the answer.  If you are only seeking minor corrections to a previous facelift, you can do a segmental or partial facelift that address your needs.  Typically, the results are more lasting, and the costs can be even less than a lifestyle lift. Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area for options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lift options

+1

If you want a long lasting result, I wold go with a traditional lift and not a lifestyle lift. Also go with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.