Bruising and Swelling After Lifestyle Lift

I had a Lifestyle Lift 6 weeks ago. Is it normal to still have bruising and swelling around the temples? I also have fat deposits around the mouth.

Swelling around temples after lifestyle lift?

+1

No surgery in the lifestyle lift is around the temples. The swelling around the mouth should subside with tim. How is the overall result however? See my video

Web reference: http://youtu.be/zxqy1ZTBXQc

Bruising and swelling after a lifestyle lift

+1

Bruising and swelling can take a couple of months to resolve and I always advise my patients that it can take up to six months before you can get an accurate picture of what your final result will be. 

Bruising and swelling around the temples is a little unusual. However, during the lift there is dissection that occurs over the upper side of the cheek that could result in some swelling around the temples. I rarely have this particular situation if I am only doing a lower facelift but it is still very possible.

A lower facelift (which is what a lifestyle lift actually is) does not address the region around the mouth. It is difficult to say what the fat deposits are. If liposuction was done in the jowels there may be some fat irregularities around the commisures of the mouth but it is difficult to determine without seeing pictures. I would follow up with your surgeon to ensure that everything is healing normally.

Swelling of temples after lifestyle lift

+1

From my understanding of the "lifestyle lift" no surgery is performed on the temples. It seems unusual you should have swelling there if no surgical elevation or rearrangement of the tissues were completed during the procedure.

This does not sound like any cause for alarm but you should contact your surgeon to inquire as to the cause for this.

It is more likely you had a forehead lift which could explain swelling in the temples but this should be resolving.