Smoking and Lifestyle Lift with Other Procedures?

I'm scheduled for the Lifestyle Lift plus additional procedures this coming Wednesday. I'm a smoker, and they told me to just cut back as much as possible, and put me on a high dose of Niacin. I just did research on smoking and cosmetic surgey. I'm VERY worried. Should I be?

Tobacco use and cosmetic surgery

+3

The lifestyle lift is a difficultr procedure to understand becasue there are no clear cut descriptions of the technique. AS a general rule, smoking, ANY SMOKING, is associated with an increased risk of complications. Stopping smoking for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to surgery, may result in a decreased risk of these complications.

Smoking and facelift

+2

Smoking impairs wound healing and is found to have a higher complication rate. I would avoid surgery until you stop smoking.

Smoking and Lifestyle lift

+1

Smoking impares wound healing. Smoking also  decreases respiratory function during surgery. Acoughing patient can have a hematoma or aspiration or other problems..Smoking must be stopped at least 10 days before surgery.