Does Lifestyle Lift Really Work?

I have read horror stories about this procedure. I was thinking of doing this and am not sure after reading some of the testimonials. Does Lifestyle Lift really work?

If it Sounds Too Good To Be True, it Might Be a Lifestyle Lift

Does it really work? Well, remember when your mother told you "if it sounds too good to be true...?" 

Here is what we know. Lifestyle Lift is:

-- A company that was fined $300,000 for "Astroturfing" (Google it to learn more)

-- A plastic surgery procedure promoted by infomercial

-- A "trade secret" proprietary procedure

-- A procedure that gets overwhelmingly bad reviews on RealSelf.com

-- A bit of a random way of selecting a surgeon

-- Not something I would recommend to a family member or friend

Hope this helps.

Lifestyle Lift results

Predicting the outcome of a lifestyle lift is difficult. Not only do patients heal differently, but Lifestyle lifts are performed by different surgeons using different techniques.

Futhermore the Lifrestyle Lift was "invented" by Dr, Kent in 2001. So, it has only been perfomed for 8 years. Predicting how long it will last is difficult if it has only been around 8 years.

Using the message boards and blogs may be useful to you in this regard.

Lifestyle lift

A lifestyle lift is a modified limited scar facelift often done by doctors that are not plastic surgeons. I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon before pursuinf the lifestyle lift.

Depends on the surgeon

I'm sorry that you read about horror stories.  I can only speak about my personal experience with the procedure.  I performed it very similarly to a traditional face/neck lift with equivalent results to a traditional lift...yes, it works.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift procedure

Lifestyle lift is not a procedure but rather is the name of marketing company called Lifestyle lift. This company is located in Troy Michigan that advertise and manages the all lifestyle centers.  Each surgeon at these centers perform lower facelift with local anesthesia. Some surgeons are experienced and some who are not experienced.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Does lifestyle lift really work?

That's a good question to ask for lifestyle lift sales associate or doctor. Mini lifts tend to give mini results so we don't perform them very often.
 We perform a comprehensive face and neck lift to rejuvenate the face and maintain a natural look. To rejuvenate the face,  the neck muscles must be tightened, facial muscles must be tightened, the  inelastic  neck and facial skin to must be tightened, and fatty deposits in the neck removed. For many examples, please see the link below tor our facelift photo gallery

Pros and cons of a lifestyle lift

When considering a lifestyle lift the pros include

1. It's cheap

When considering the cons of a lifestyle lift consider the following

1. It gets overwhelmingly weak reviews

2. They do a very poor job of properly educating their patients on what the surgical experience is like and what the post-op recovery is like. Many lifestyle lift patients who I have taken care of had no idea what they were getting into when they signed up.

3. Their marketing is disingenuous. The lifestyle lift is not a revolutionary new procedure. It is a lower facelift using a smas plication or imbrication technique. It is one of the most traditional procedures used. Most facial plastic and plastic surgeons are very qualified and experienced with this procedure and can give you a much better experience than lifestyle lift can.

I would suggest doing at least two consultations with qualified and experienced surgeons who will take the time to do a detailed analysis and create a treatment program that is tailored to your specific needs.

Todd C. Miller, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon