4 Weeks Post Op. Lid Red, Puffy, Inflamed, and Uneven Creases? (photo)

Please give me some advise Doctors. I am very worried and depressed that my eyes is not going to get better. I am not sure if the incision was properly placed because the crease line is a lot higher than the left, secondly he did hit the blood vessel and was unable to control the bleeding and he did quite a bit of cauterized on that eye. The incision was also very thick and short on both eyes make me look so round. Unfortunately I can't f/u up with any MD cause I dnt have coverage. Pls. Help

4 Weeks Post Op. Lid Red, Puffy, Inflamed, and Uneven Creases?

+1

I agree with my colleagues that time is on your side and that there is nothing more to do at this point. With regard to followup your surgeon should be willing to see you in the office. Alternatively, if your surgeon is outside the country you could seek a local plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon to assume your care. Most will be sympathetic to your concerns and be willing to see you. There might be a charge for this but it should be reasonable to get a consultation. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

You had a clumsy and aggressive upper eyelid surgery.

+1

You are basically early from surgery so things will improve with time.  However the basic difference in the two eyelid will not resolve.  It is possible that your will need revisional surgery.  I think the suggestion of being assessed in California by a local oculoplastic surgeon is a very good idea.  It is hard to know more without an actual personal consultation.  However, generally unless there is a vision threatening issue which you are not describing, it is best to let the eyelid heal for at least 6 months before considering revisional surgery.  

+1

Where and who did the operation. From out of USA?? I'm sure if you pay for a local PS to be seen you can find some doc locally. The issue is in a poorly preformed operation there may not be much that can be done at this time. Allow a year of healing. Best to you. 

Asymmetry

+1

There is certainly some asymmetry in the photo you have presented. There are a couple possibilities of why this has happened. Once possibility is that you had asymmetric lid creases before hand that was not visible due to your eyelid fullness. The surgeon may have just used the old creases to make his incisions. I usually equalize the lid creases during surgery, but not all surgeons do. The second possibility is that there is asymmetrical swelling postoperatively that gives this picture. You did mention that one side was more difficult than the other.

Please allow your body to heal. Dr. Prendiville is absolutely correct....only time will tell.

Allow 6 months before making any decisions.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1

I would first encourage you to return to your Surgeon for follow-up and reassurance.  As long as the surgery was performed in the United States, this should not be an issue; if performed abroad, you are experiencing one of the major deficiencies in medical tourism in absence of follow-up.  Although I agree that there is currently a noticeable asymmetry between upper eyelid creases, Asian eyelids tend to heal more slowly and with more swelling than with patients of European descent. There is a chance this may heal well, but only time will tell.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon