I Had 4 Lid Blepharoplasty 3 Days Ago. Today the Whites of my Eyes Are a Bit Yellow, Normal?

I always thought yellow eyes was indicative of a liver problem. Had local anesthesias only, and also am taking zpack, Tylenol, and arnica. Thanks for any help. Ps I feel fine-bruising around eyes is turning yellow today, too.

Yellow eyes: swelling and/or bruising

+1

This yellow coloration is either some mild swelling of the surface of the eye (chemosis) or is a resolving bruise, which changes from red to yellow as it dissipates.  It will resolve shortly.

Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Yellow Eyes after Blepharoplasty - Is this Normal??

+1

Nothing to worry about and it will resolve shortly.

It is not unusual after having all 4 eyelids operated on to have some bruising. The bruising resolves as the blood pigment (hemoglobin) which is purplish breaks down and spreads. The hemoglobin further breaks down to bilirubin which is yellow in color and as it spreads can temporaily stain the white part of the eye.

FYI: Your right - When the liver is unable to keep up (e.g. cirrhosis)  with getting rid of old blood cells to much bilirubin gets into the circulation and your whole body (not just your eyes turns yellow). 

+1

This is most likely a resolving bruise however at three days post Quad Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery you should be asking the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Eyelid Surgery these questions and only following his/her post-op advice. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

White part of eyes can bruise

+1

What you are seeing is a mild bruise which can happen to the white part of the eyes from any eye or eyelid surgery. It will go away like all bruises.

Staten Island Oculoplastic Surgeon