If You Have Lichen Planus, Can You Have Ulthera? Would Ulthera Trigger That?

A long time ago I was told I have lichen planus. There is faint lacy pattern on my legs. I have not noticed any other signs and none on my face. Would ulthera face and neck be safe for me? I have had foto facial before and no problem even with 3 treatments. Thank you!

Ultherapyfor nonsurgical face lift may be safe despite history of lichen planus

+1

lichen planus may have multiple causes, one of which is medication induced. Other reasons are not well understood but it is a condition of the superficial dermis and epidermis.  It does not lie in the depth of the dermis that the Ultherapy reaches.  The epidermis is left intact  while the energy is targeted to reach the deeper dermal collagen. If you and your physician discuss this concern, you could consider doing a test region in a less than visible area to ensure that there is no surprise.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/ultherapy/index.html