I Am 2 Years Post-OP Breast Augmentation - I Am Having a Problem with my Poles? (photo)

I had my breast augmentation two years ago. I'm 5'8.5" and I weigh 120lbs. I am not a person who can gain weight due to a hyper-metablosim, was a small A and I didn't really have any breast tissue. I had 300cc implants, filled to 350cc. My PS told me that I was narrow and that he really couldn't do much more, this was almost 6mth post. He told me weight gain or pregnancy was my best bet. I was hoping maybe there was a way to stretch my lower pole, naturally. Is there?

Upper poles too high

+1
You would benefit from repositioning your implants to center your nipple at the point of greatest projection.  This involves a reoperation.

I recommend that you discuss this with your plastic surgeon and come up with a plan.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Lower Nipples After Breast Augmentation

+1

Thank you for sharing you photos and your concerns.

Without pre-op photos and a physical consultation, it is a little difficult to provide you with a complete analysis and recommendation.

Nonetheless, it seems that there was not enough space created for the implants to drop further hence their center sits a little superior to your nipples; this is why you have the nipples pushed a little down.

Surgery is the only way to resolve the issue by replacing the implants' centers exactly behind your nipples.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

High Riding Breast Implants

+1

It appears that you could benefit from a revision surgery to better position your nipples over your implants. One option would be to create more space for the implants below the nipples. I would suggest following up with your surgeon or seeking second opinions to evaluate the pros and cons of your options further.

Michael Horn, MD

Improving Breast Appearance After Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

No, there is no “natural” way to improve the appearance of the lower poles of the breasts.  Although physical examination would be necessary to know for sure, it is very likely that  revisionary breast surgery can improve your situation. Increasing the space of the  lower poles on the breasts is a possible option.

I would suggest that you continue to discuss your questions/concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Consider in person second opinions (board certified plastic surgeons) as well.

A revision breast surgery would be helpful

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I strongly believe that you could achieve an improved breast shape with revision of the implant and implant pocket.  Measurements and a proper discussion would have to be performed.  In general, the lower pole of both breasts will have to be released.  You will also likely benefit from removal of the capsule at the lower one-half of both breasts.  The link below is from the before and after photos of one of my patients that presented with a similar issue.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Problem with implant position

+1

This is a complex problem. Seeing some pre-op photos would help in determining why you look the way you do and what would be best.
The implants look too high, the areolae look too low, the fold looks too high.
Although sometimes the fold can be lowered, there is a risk that the skin indentation at the fold will persist and cause an indentation on the implant (Double bubble). Using a smaller implant or a narrower implant that doesn't have to sit so high on the chest compared to the breast position may be best.
An in person discussion with your surgeon will be the best way to work through your options. Thanks for your question, and best wishes.

Two years post op

+1

You appear to have implants that are too large for your frame. They are subsequently sitting high on your chest.The only way these implants will fit you is to lower your inframammary fold or have smaller implants placed.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Shape and Implant Position

+1

Based on your photos, it appears that your Infra-Mammary Folds (IMFs) are positioned too high. This may have been your IMF's natural position to begin with and your surgeon did not feel comfortable lowering your fold to accommodate the shape and size of the implants that were chosen. Just speculating... Regardless, you have the appearance that your nipples are too low on the breast mound and your breasts are too full in the upper pole. In reality, your nipples appear to be where they should be, your implants are just too high. The current position of your IMFs are restricting the position of the implants. If the IMFs are lowered, your implants will lower accordingly and the nipples will also be centered on the breast mound resulting in a more natural appearing breast. At this point in time, I do not think that (non-surgical) implant displacement massage will help to stretch out the lower pole of your breasts to achieve a natural appearance.

Thank you for your question and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD

Breast implants too high

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos. While it is impossible to make definitive recommendations without an exam, the photos do help. Based on your photos, I would agree that your implants appear to be sitting a bit high on your chest. This causes the nipples to be located at the lower part of your breasts and detracts from the overall result.

There are a couple of causes of this result. One is the development of a capsular contracture, which can tighten the envelope around the implant and force them upwards. If this is the cause, it is not present immediately after the procedure and develops afterwards. another cause is an under-dissection and release of the soft tissue and muscle of the lower breast. This can prevent the implant from dropping into position.

In your case, I suspect that the cause may be due to the implant size selection. If an implant is used that is too wide, there is insufficient space from the nipple to the lower crease. This causes the majority of the implant to sit above the nipple, creating the result that you are now seeing.

There is no easy way to correct this without switching the implants.  The lower pole can be released a bit, but great care needs to be made to leave the crease intact, as this is difficult to reconstruct. It may be better to switch to an implant that is not as wide.

I would suggest discussong your breasts with your plastic surgeon. They should be able to discuss the options with you for improving how your breast look.

Best of luck.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant malposition

+1

You are correct to think your lower pole needs to be loosened so your implant can sit lower. Unfortunately, there is no definitive natural way to do this. There are surgical options. You could have the lower pole loosened and stretched surgically with a capsulotomy (cutting and releasing the scar tissue) or capsulectomy (removing the scar tissue) of the lower pole along with lowering the lower breast fold. If you use the same implants you have now, there is a chance the implants will stay too high unless you also have the upper pole of the pocket closed down with sutures which will not look very good. Changing to an implant with a larger diameter than your current implants will help ensure the new pocket and implants stay where they should. You may also consider changing to silicone gel implants which will give a more natural appearance than your current implants. In summary, I suggest releasing/removing the lower pole scar tissue, lowering the fold, and changing to silicone gel implants with a larger diameter.

Armin Moshyedi, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon