2.5 Days out from TT/MR/lipo, Upper Abd. Swelling?

I am 2.5 days out since my TT/MR/Lipo and I have noticed that when I readjust my CG that it sounds like a water balloon? Is this normal? My PS doesn't use drains so a lot of fluid has built up in my vaginal area and has swollen it to about 3x normal size and it is purple, but it is lightening up today. Should I be concerned with the fluid build up in my upper abdomen, if thats what it is?

Fluid build up 2.5 days after tummy tuck

+1

2.5 days after tummy tuck, I would not be too concerned about the fluid that you are seeing.  This is the normal healing fluid that the body produces.  If the swelling does not go down over the next two weeks, I would recommend having your surgeon examine you to see if you have a fluid collection that needs to be removed.

+1

It appears as though you have a sizable fluid collection, both by history and by the photos you have posted. 

Get in and see your surgeon as soon as possible for evaluation and treatment, which may be aspiration, or possibly drain placement. 

Thanks for your question and for the photos, best wishes. 

Fluid after TT

+1

You likely have a seroma, an accumulation of fluid in the area where the surgery was done.  These usually go away with time.  I would suggest that you see your surgeon who can decide what to do next.  Best of luck and thank you for your questions.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon