What Lesser Invasive Procedures Should I Try Before Considering a Body Lift?

I would like to avoid surgery, but I have multiple skin folds and sagging skin.

Are There Alternatives to Body Lifts for Sagging Skin?

If there were an easy way to shrink excess skin plastic surgeons would be the first to want to use it.  Unfortunately the "non-invasive" skin tighteners are hyped up and not shown to be of any real benefit.  Once a person's skin elasticity begins to diminish, surgical removal is the only way in our current medical state of knowledge, to eliminate the folds of skin.   You would probably enjoy a consultation with a surgeon experienced in body lifts to see what this would mean in your circumstances.  Don't be hoodwinked by  non surgical skin shrinkers.  It would be a poor use of your time and resources, possibly very disheartening.

Less Invasive is Not Always the Answer

This question is very hard to answer without photos, but if you truly have significant skin folds and sagging skin your best bet is likely a body lift.  I have seen many patients spend a good amount of money on less invasive procedures only to end up looking very similar to where they started.  As you can see from the RealSelf reviews 93% of people rate a body lift as worth it.  

A full evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon should be performed, and the best plan for you can be determined.  

Jeremiah Redstone, MD

What does a bodylift do?

A lower bodylift is a combination of an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), outer thigh lift and buttock lift. In essence, the bodylift surgery deals with your midsection. You could consider having an abdominoplasty or a buttock lift separately. However, if you are a good candidate for a lower bodylift, you would get the best results by dealing with these problem areas at the same time through a bodylift operation rather than doing them separately.

Ramin Behmand, MD