How to Lessen the Appearance of Scars After Laser Hair Removal?

I am African-American and had laser hair removal on my sideburns at a dermatologists office. Now I have dark circle scars in the treated areas. Can you recommend any products or procedures that could lessen their appearance?

Dark circles after laser hair removal may not be scars

+1

Laser hair removal is typically a very safe procedure. Treatment in skin of color may induce post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (darkness related to the inflammation of healing). This is often temporary but may take months to lessen. You should see the doctor who treated you to see if a prescription lightening cream would be beneficial. Use sunblock.