Are There Less Invasive Tummy Tucks?

I'm 65 years old and don't want to look like a 25 year old. Is there a tummy tuck procedure for people my age who just want to get rid of the excess skin and not bother with the abdominal muscle?

less invasive tummy tucks

+1

Yes! a Skin/fat ONLY tummy tuck without muscle repair can be done. But it is not very common. Seek opinions from 3 boarded PS's in your area.

From MIAMI DR. B

Muscle repair optional with a tummy tuck depending on individual

+1

The bottom line is that if the muscles are separated and the abdominal wall is lax, then your results from the tummy tuck won't be as good. Your plastic surgeon should be able to advise in this regard after examining you. The reovery is definitely faster for abdominoplasty without it, but you don't want to sacrifice short-term gain for long-term disappointment.

Richard Baxter, MD

Smooth Tuck - less invasive tummy tuck in NYC

+1

There are options for people who desire removal of abdominal skin and fat but do not want the downtime of a traditional tummy tuck. Less invasive options include removal of the excess skin, repositioning of the belly button, combined with aggressive high volume liposuction all in the same operation.  I use this approach in a procedure that I call Smooth Tuck.  The results have been very successful in 2 groups of patients - 1) those who would benefit froma tummy tuck but desire less recovery and 2) those too "overweight" for a tradional tummy tuck. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

A Panniculectomy (Apron Removal) is a Less Invasive Tummy Contouring Surgery

+1

If all you want is getting "rid of the excess skin and not bother with the abdominal muscle" then the operation you may be interested in is called a  Panniculectomy (Apron Removal).

The operation will do just that; Remove the skin/fat overhang without muscle tightening and without relocating the belly button. The results are never as attractive as those obtainable from a Full Tummy Tuck but the over hang will be gone.