Can I Lengthen my Nose at the Age of 14?

I'm very concerned about my nose; flat, wide, and short. I want to fix this to boost my self esteem as fast as possible. What are the best options for my age to sharpen and lengthen my nose?

Nose surgery in adolescents

+2

Hi Leni, 

You have legitimate reasons to correct the cosmetic problems in your nose. I would recommend that you wait and see what changes occur with your nose and face over the next two years though. We won't know whether your face has stopped developing until we give it a chance to see if it stopped. There is a significant change in facial development in the mid teens. I recommend that you wait and then see and experienced plastic or facial plastic surgeon that does a lot of nasal surgeries. The  Vectra 3D Imaging System is a great way to see the potential changes to your nose with corrective surgery. Please be patient and good luck. Discuss this with your family and what your concerns and the effect on your self esteem. 

Nose at 14

+1

At 14 you are still too young to have a rhinoplasty. Usually women and men still are growing. I will often wait until a young lady is 15 or 16 and a young man is 17 or 18 before I will perform a rhinoplasty. 

+1

If you have reached skeletal maturity, rhinoplasty can be performed with parental consent at the age of 14.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty

+1

As long as you have completed your growth; nasal surgery may be done.  You should be evaluated by a board certified surgeon who does frequent nasal surgery to determine whether you are a good candidate for treatment.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Age for Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Usually we recommend that a patient wait until they are physically mature before having a rhinoplasty. Fr a young lady that is typically 14-16 years old and for a young man it is 16-18.  You would also need the consent of your parents or guardian.