Undergoing Laser Hair Removal and Hair is Growing Back Longer?

I have been undergoing laser treatment on my face for 2 years now. The results are slow but better than the parlour as i can manage one sitting for 2 to 3 months. Recently I have noticed that there are dark hairs in certain places and it seems to be growing longer than usual. Am afraid that if left untouched it may grow like a beard. I want to know the effect on my skin and eyes ( i have glasses), if i were to continue the treatment for another year. Please give other solutions available.

Regrowth after Laser Hair Removal

+1

Thank you for your question. I recommend you see a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon and have a hair evaluation. Be certain there are no underlying hormonal imbalances which can be checked by a blood test.  Perhaps you need a different laser for your hair type.  I like to use the 755/1064 nm lasers as they are both very effective, and have been consistent performers. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Laser hair removal of facial hair

+1

Elevated hormonal levels can be the cause of your facial  hair growth.  You should consult an endocrinologist to assess your hormonal levels.  It is safe to carry on with laser hair removal with an experienced technician.  Make certain that you wear the appropriate goggles.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Hair growth on the face can be hormonally related

+1

At happens with women is that the hair on the face is regulated by your hormones.  A small imbalance can make new facial hair a chronic problem.  It is entirely safe to continue your laser hair removal and receive maintenance treatments.  I suggest you consult an endocrinologist to see if there is an underlying hormonal reason that can be treated to help minimize the hair growth.

Michele S. Green, MD

Laser Hair removal on the face is a safe long term treatment

+1

Laser Hair removal on the female face is a long term treatment.  I tell my patients best case they come for touch ups once a year or so, and worst case they have to continue every 3 months ongoing.  The hair growth is often hormonally mediated so its tough to control completely.  It is safe for long term use.  I always goggle my patients so their eyes are protected.  The skin is just at risk for a burn from the laser, which although not fun, should heal, and if the laser is done properly, the risk should be very low. 

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologist