I had septo-rhinoplasty 2 years ago. does it look wrong on my photos & CT images? (Photo)

I have middle fault collapse, mainly on my left side, and my nose clicks to the touch on both sides in this area. Restricted breathing and some pain and tightness, runny (soggy) in my left nostril. Having a revision with spreader grafts, is this the best approach? Many thanks, Chris.

Potential candidate for a revision rhinoplasty

Thank you for sharing your pictures and radio-images!

At 2 years post op and remaining unsatisfied with your end results warrant a serious consideration of a revision rhinoplasty that if well executed by the right surgeon will get you asymptotically close to what you fancy as a look with your nose being the center piece of your face!

The finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Revision rhinoplasty with spreader grafts

Thanks for sharing your photos and X-ray.  It does appear as though your middle vault and dorsal aesthetic lines are not as symmetric as one would normally like.  Revision rhinoplasty seems like a good and reasonable plan, and certainly the addition of spreader grafts will help with the straightening of the nose and controlling the mid-vault.  It should also help with your breathing concerns.

Best of luck to you.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon