I Had a Septorhinoplasty Operation 18 Months Ago, What Revision Work Do I Require? (photo)

The nasal septum has a gash on it (left nostril), either from being attacked or putting ice in it straight after the attack. Would the ice have caused this? Can the nose be fixed so that I am no longer in discomfort? Nose feels sore inside (red, inflammed and runny on the left side) and skin tight outside. Can it be fixed under local anesthetic? The original surgeon did no work on the tip, I would prefer the nasal bones not to be rebroken.

Revision rhinoplasty

+1

This will be a very difficult nasal revision surgery and will have to be performed under general anesthesia.  Whether osteotomies will be needed or not will be made at the the time of the consultation and physical exam. There cannot be any guarantees that chronic pain will go away.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I reveiwed your pictures. There is no simple solution to your nasal reconstruction.  Although you say no work was done on the nasal tip, there are dramatic changes in this region which could have resulted from incisions and the work done on the cartilagneous dorusm which has irregularities.  One would have to review the operative record to get some sense. Nevertheless, indeed you may not need repeat fracturing (osteotomies); however, extensive reconstructing of the cartilagenous dorsum and restructuring of nasal tip cartilages with supplemental grafting is most likely in order. I think that in the right hands you should feel confident that substantial rebalancing of all three components of your nose:  nasal bones, cartilagneous dorsum and nasal tip can be acheived. Consult a revision rhinoplasty specialist.

Arthur N. Falk, MD
Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may benefit from a consultation with a Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist.

+1

I reviewed your concerns and your photos.

You appear to have several irregularities along your nasal bridge, a deviated nasal septum, and possibly an overprojected tip that veers to your left.

Based on what I see, you may require revision septorhinoplasty surgery. In my practice, this would need to be performed with general anesthetic.

All the best to you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon