Can This Dent on my Nasal Septum Be Fixed? It Feels Uncomfortable, Sticky and Looks Red and Inflamed. (photo)

It is dented on the septum and feels uncomfortable, either from being attacked 3 years ago or putting ice in it (silly I know) straight after the attack. Would the ice have caused it? How can it be fixed? I had a septorhinoplasty operation 18 months ago, but have bone visable externally, the skin feels tight (difficult to smile) and the septum still seems slightly deviated. Please advise based on the photos? Thank you very much for your help.

Dramatic improvement possible

+1

I can assure you that the ice is not the cause. A closer evaluation of the septal anatomy will be necessary. This condition can certainly be improved to decrease the abnormal projection of the septal edge. The slight septal deviation probably will not improve. However, again, evaluation is necessary to determine this.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Complex rhinoplasty

+1

You have many irregularities and curvatures that can be addressed but need to be properly evalauted in person.

Substantial Improvement with SeptoRhinoplasty

+1

Your nose can be improved dramatically.  Your tip can be reduced dramatically as well as the projection, the septum dent can be addressed, and the irregularities on your dorsum can be improved as well. 

A complex issue

+1

The nose has multiple deformities. The lower one third and the tip is irregular. It is important to see if this is due to underlying scar or cartilage. Frequently the precise diagnosis cannot be made until the time of surgery. The photo of the base view of your nose shows a protrusion.

The best approache is to have a rhinoplasty consultation to examine your nose by an expert to see how to best improve things.

Robert Mounsey, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon