Treatment for Chicken Pox Scars on Legs?

I have scars on my legs from chicken pox when I was younger. I am now 24 years old and I never wear shorts nor skirts that show my legs because I am ashamed. I tried a lot of creams but they haven't worked. I know I won't be able to remove the scars but I just want to lighten up the dark area on my legs. What can I do?

Chicken pox scars

+1

I have had some success with saline subcision for depressed chicken pox scars of the legs. If you have not yet tried tretinoin cream, azelaic acid or hydroquinone, I would try them. There is also another product available through the internet called Scarguard-Scarlight MD containing forms of each of these ingredients that you might consider.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist