Can Leg Veins and Hair Removal Be Done in the Same Lightsheer Laser Appointment (Same Fee)?

I read that Lightsheer Laser can remove hair and help with leg veins. I would like my underarms and bikini area treated for hair removal, and my legs for vein reduction. Is it possible the treatment on the legs would get rid of hair as a "bonus" or are completely different settings used for hair removal than for vein treatments?

Which Laser for Leg Veins?

+2

Hello.  The Lumenis Lightsheer is not a great option for leg veins.  While it may help a little bit, we own a 3 Lightsheers and would never use them for leg veins.  We use a Laserscope Lyra, but the brand is not so important.  Rather, you are looking for a long pulsed Nd:Yg laser that has a wavelength of 1064 nanometers.  

There are many different brands, but this is the type of laser most effective at treating  leg veins.  Take a look at the before and after pictures at the link below to see results.  Good luck.

LightSheer DUET not effective for leg veins

+1

The LightSheer DUET laser is very effective in removing dark hair in a fair-skinned person.  It is not effective for leg vein removal since it does not have the correct wavelength or pulse duration.  Consider sclerotherapy or long pulsed Yag laser treatments for your leg veins.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist