What's Left?

Hello Docs, are there any procedure that could help minimize scars(combination of Ice-Pick, Boxcar scars and Rolling scars? I have tried CO2 Fractional lasers (5 times), Ematrix (5 sessions) both of which at highest settings as well as subcisions. No doubt there is an improvement, but even the doctors were quite surprise about my progress. Is there anything else I can do? I'm only 21 and Asian (Chinese). Would excision be a better choice? I would gladly trade my hideous scars with linear scars.

Treatment for stubborn acne scars

+1

Without seeing a photograph or doing an examination it is hard to make recommendations.  That being said, deep ice pick scars may respond well to punch excision.  Most board-certified dermatologists should be able to perform this procedure for  you.  Boxcar scars may respond to filler.  Good luck!

Hello

+1

What tell our patients that have tried all the laser’s and have seen improvement but want more, you can do a mini face lift? Its sounds a little extreme but if you think about it, It is stretching your skin and helping with the deep scars that the laser did not touch.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acnes scars

+1

Acne scars can be tough to deal with. Yes, some lasers can help, but LaViv may be an additional thing that can be used. This is doen off-label but fibroblasts are harvested from your tissues and then reinjected into the skin. Some colleagues are reported nice results and better skin texture with this in acne patients.