Left Side Not Dropping Anymore

I'm 11 wks + 1 day post op (benelli w/implants) & my left implant seems to be stuck & not wanting to move down. It moves freely from side to side & up, & has natural bounce, but w/ massage & pushing down on it, it doesnt seem to want settle down in the pocket. When wearing the band it pushes down on the implants & the pockets feel full but as soon as the band comes off the pocket feel empty & saggy. When should I start to be concerned with the pocket closing & the implant not dropping anymore?

Wait for breasts to settle more

+1
You still need to "drop and fluff", which refers to the gradual movement and change in shape that occurs to breast implants. Please give yourself about four to five months before assessing your results. In the meantime, please continue to massage your breast and wear the band as recommended by your surgeon. Best of luck.

Breast Augment

+1

I would like to see a pre op photo as you may be just asymmetric going in, that being said I would be concerned about capsular contacture and would want you to be seen regarding possible non operatve and operative possibilities of treatment

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant settling

+1

Each breast will respond a bit differently post-operatively and one may descend into the pocket a bit sooner than the other. Remember no two breasts are the same and they willnever bre exactly the same post-op.

Breast implant position

+1

You should give yourself more time after your breat augmentation, at least six months. Massage and continuing the band may help. You can make the band work harder on one side than the other by placing a soft pad under it on the side you want to lower. Good luck with this!

Hugh McLean, MD
Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Encapsulation and a Breast Implants

+1

You are just under 3 months, the fact that your implant is getting a memory for being high is not favorable. More aggressive measures such as external Ultrasound may be of some help. Continue to wear your band at night. If this implant is under the muscle it could take a while longer.

Charles Virden, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Implant Position Following Augmentation-Mastopexy.

+1

Following breast augmentation, the implants will settle into place over the course of 2-4 months; and they may settle at different rates. Implant displacement exercises are helpful in reducing the risk for capsular contracture, and enhance the settling of the implant. The final results following augmentation-mastopexy often take longer to see than following augmentation alone. After implants settle into place there may still be other changes that occur as the inferior pole skin stretches further under the stress of the implant. Therefore, the final results may not be seen until six months to one year post-operatively.

Your anterior view picture shows that the right breast is more round and full compared with the left breast, which appears a bit narrower. The right implant appears to fill the breast out a bit more, and gives the impression that the right breast may be a bit larger in size. The left breast does appear more narrow and the implant a bit more oval/oblong; this may account for the appearance of increased upper pole fullness which may give the impression that the implant is higher.

The oblique views show that there is a bit of looseness in the lower pole skin of each breast and the inferior breast hangs off the implant; this ptosis is more significant on the left than the right. If the left implant is a bit higher this may explain why the left breast is less full/round and the tissue a bit more ptotic.

What is also important for this evaluation is the pre-operative appearance of your breasts. Was the right breast larger or more full/round before surgery? Was the left breast narrower? Is the left inframammary fold higher than the right? If so, the left implant will be positioned higher on the chest wall, even after it has settled into place.

Continue your implant displacement exercises and continue to discuss your situation with your surgeon. There is still time for normal post-op changes to occur and in several months you may be much happier. Best wishes, Kenneth Dembny, MD

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant dropping

+1

I would continue to aggressively massage that side and wear your band since it sounds like it is still doing something.  If it gets to the point where it doesn't move at all then you will need a revision.  I think it is too early to say for sure.

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Implant position depends on implant type, size, and location

+1

Your result is good but I see the asymmetry.

The pocket has already adjusted to the implant.  If the implant is textured, it will move less than a smooth implant.  If under the muscle, it will take longer to drop than a subglandular implant. A smaller implant will feel looser in the breast than a larger one.

As the months pass you will see how you feel.  After 6-12month have passed, discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Mark B. Constantian, MD, FACS
Nashua Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants and Dropping

+1

I tell my patients that it can take 3-6 months in some cases for implants to settle and drop and for one to be able to evaluate implant position and breast shape.  Try to be patient and follow your surgeons suggestions.  If you see no improvement at 6 months discuss with your surgeon your concerns and solutions.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon